View Poll Results: So how many drink there scotch how it should be: neat?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • I drink it neat; the way it should be

69 58.97%
  • I drink it with a wee dram of water

13 11.11%
  • I drink it with Ice

33 28.21%
  • I molest it with some sugar infused concoction (Soda, Juice, etc)

6 5.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotch!!!!! (Really all things whiskey scotch or burboun realted)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    All The MaCallans are wonderful offerings.
    This.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    MacAllan 12 is the baseline by which all Scotch is measured. There are many better, and many worse, but I always make the comparison with ol' faithful.

Over the years, I've had a few good ones. Abelour is a hidden gem, for sure. Balvenie makes a number of good whiskeys, and their 21-year Portwood is one of my all-time favorites. Lagavulin 16 is an excellent, though increasingly expensive, offering. I've got a 25-year cask-strength Laphroaig sitting on my desk right now. It's vastly superior to the smoke-filled paint thinner that is the 10-year Laphroaig.

I once got to sample a 27-year cask-strength MacAllan. It was epic.

Feedback Score
    Tullamore Dew. Blind taste testing against Jameson and Bushmill's, Tullamore Dew is my winner. I can apperciate the better Scotches, but . . . . Irish whiskey straight or over a pair of ice cubes is what does it for me.

Off topic-ish, but I found a Vodka that is rocking my world. Zubrowka, a Polish bison grass vodka, I found at the bigger and fancier liquor store I never go to. I'd had a Lithuanian bison grass vodka years ago and have been on the hunt for bison grass vodka ever since. Smooth, sippable, tasty, sort of an herbal nuance. This Polish stuff is as good as I remember and not too pricey (but not worrisomely cheap either).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I need a rec...

My roommate's girl just broke it off with him this week after 1.5 years, his birthday is in 9 days and I want to get him a bottle of scotch but when it comes to scotch I'm like the new guy asking if dpms is a good rifle.

I got him a bottle of knob creek last year for his b-day and he enjoyed that (actually we both did) but I want to get him some scotch this year to try.

Is there a scotch + or - 50 bucks that tastes great and won't scare off a new scotch drinker?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jman4427 View Post
    Is there a scotch + or - 50 bucks that tastes great and won't scare off a new scotch drinker?
    Abelour is a great one for that price range. MacAllan 12-year is probably the gold standard. I'm also fond of the Dalmore Cigar Malt.

Any of these are great Scotches for the price.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I once got to sample a 27-year cask-strength MacAllan. It was epic.
    Seriously dude, it is just a whiskey.

B_C

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post

B_C
    It was an exceptional whiskey

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A couple of weeks ago, I shared a bottle of Old Parr Superior 18 year old with some friends. It was very good.

Other good ones are MacAllan and Glenlivet 15.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." –Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post

B_C
    Anything can be deduced to "It's just a_____" and then scoffed at. If you don't enjoy whiskey and people opining about it, why post in a scotch thread buddy?

For instance:

One I've heard here all too often:

"It's just a rifle, who cares if its DPMS or Colt..."

Back to scotch:

Pretty much all the MaCallans, Obans, speyside and Glenlevits are goint o be good for a beginners palette; some better for beginners than others.

I always tell pepople to start witht the 'levit and then get fancy and try a new label each month (Or however often for you that is).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Pretty much all the MaCallans, Obans, speyside and Glenlevits are goint o be good for a beginners palette; some better for beginners than others.

I always tell pepople to start witht the 'levit and then get fancy and try a new label each month (Or however often for you that is).
    Thanks

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast