Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Basic trajectory curve--5.56

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    Another Molon post that should be a sticky!
    Wayne is dead on! Thanks for the empiracal proof here Molon. LTC Chuck Santose is legend both in Nam and in Internet lore - still the old AR-15L lives on! Was waiting for him to be brought in the mix.

50m has the feel of what state side is all about. Even LAV, as mentioned earlier, would be first to mention there are good reasons for different zeros - "just know them and understand why!" His +/- was not to do a 25m and for longer range engagements aka Afgan...100-200 might be more appropriate.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score

Sticky Worthy

Lots of good information and photos here....This is a STICKY WORTHY Post if I have ever seen one.
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

Feedback Score

Sight adj.

Thanks for the in depth info about sight adj. I am just finishing a a2 build and was wondering how to set the rear and front sights. NOW I KNOW!!!!!!! Thanks again for great info!!!!! Will post outcome when I get a chance to go to range. Just going back to work from incounter with skin cancer on back!!! I think it came from being in Gulf war!!!! enough for me!!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I want to zero my BUIS on my carbine (16" barrel) for 50 yards. The BUIS is a GG&G A2 style with the double apertures. Which aperture do I use for my 50 yard zero?
    Last edited by LOBO; 10-05-13 at 06:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    I want to zero my BUIS on my carbine (16" barrel) for 50 yards. The BUIS is a GG&G A2 style with the double apertures. Which aperture do I use for my 50 yard zero?
    Personal preference really. I think you'd be more accurate with the small. I pretty much use the the small aperature for everything except low light & close distances.

https://www.m4carbine.net/archive/in...p/t-23814.html

Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If that GG&G is similar to the one I have the only difference is actually the size of the aperture. (same plane) If it is a "primary" back up the small is probably better. If it is truly a back up (ala primary optic) then the large is faster in practice, although the difference is probably nearly unnoticeable.

Joe
    "The world would be a better place if more people owned wild animals and were eaten by them" me

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The old M16A1/M14 25/250 meter sight in targets also had a POA/POI offset built in, for M16 POI was around 1.5 inches low and for M14 1.5 inches high.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12