Thread: SPR OPTIC MOUNT QUESTIONS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

SPR OPTIC MOUNT QUESTIONS

I recently purchased a Daniel Defense SPR type upper(16in 1/7 twist Lothar Walther barrel,rails ect.)
    I used ARMS High throw lever rings to mount a Leupold 1.5-5 Illuminated Reticle SPR scope,with one ring on the reciever and one ring just aheadof the lock ring on the railed forend.

Got a rough zero at 25yds(5 shots in one hole about 1.5 inches low)with 77gr black hills ammo.

Took it out to 100yds and was going OK but I bottomed out the elevation adjustment and am 6 inches high of Point of Aim at 100yds.

Is this a mount issue(too high/low) or a scope issue(not enough elevation adjustment) or am I ****ing this up some other way.?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Source View Post
    I recently purchased a Daniel Defense SPR type upper(16in 1/7 twist Lothar Walther barrel,rails ect.)
    I used ARMS High throw lever rings to mount a Leupold 1.5-5 Illuminated Reticle SPR scope,with one ring on the reciever and one ring just aheadof the lock ring on the railed forend.

Got a rough zero at 25yds(5 shots in one hole about 1.5 inches low)with 77gr black hills ammo.

Took it out to 100yds and was going OK but I bottomed out the elevation adjustment and am 6 inches high of Point of Aim at 100yds.

Is this a mount issue(too high/low) or a scope issue(not enough elevation adjustment) or am I ****ing this up some other way.?
    It is a VERY bad ideal to mount one ring on the receiver and one on the rail!!!

Buy a LT SPR mount or if you shoot nose to charging handle, get the SPR-EER.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    It is a VERY bad ideal to mount one ring on the receiver and one on the rail!!!

Buy a LT SPR mount or if you shoot nose to charging handle, get the SPR-EER.

C4
    Ya know,
    I figured it may have had something to do with that.
    Is there a pretty big height disparity between th various rails normally?

Feedback Score
    I really like the KAC SPR mount. We have they on our deom rifle and they have worked out very well.

http://www.knightarmco.com/mod_weapons_2.htm

p/n: 25284
    Last edited by kevin/aac; 07-17-07 at 20:50. Reason: ad link