Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help with first xm177 clone build

Feedback Score
    i mean with out the moderator.

Feedback Score
    If the barrel extends through the moderator, then its a tad over 14". If the moderator acts as a traditional flash hider and not a shroud, then the barrel is about 12.25".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ford7379trucks View Post
    how long is your barrel?
    No idea. 16" OAL is all ADCO needs as instructions. But 12.2something" is right.

Feedback Score

Need help with first xm177 clone build

I'm working on a XM177E2 build and found 45Bravo totally non-responsive. Being busy is a good sign and poss. indicative of demand quality, but no matter how busy someone might be the failure to reply to a single email in today's internet age is just poor customer service in my opinion.

I asked for opinions on other forums and 2 names which quickly came to the forefront were Adco and heatNbeat (JRS@outdrs.net). I research both work and decided to use heatNbeat because his work is the cleanest, most professional, cost effective and his turnaround time is 3 weeks. Also, a good source for the XM177E2 FH is Brick. He can be found on AR15.com in the retro section. I have Brick's FH on a DPMS bbl and thinks its the very best quality for my XM build.

And heatNbeat answered my first email in 24 hours!

FaustX

"Send laywers, guns and money." - Warren Zevon
    Last edited by FaustX; 10-15-10 at 20:01.

Feedback Score
    I've used Bravo Companys Mil Spec reciever extension with the coated aluminum buttstock and the fit was perfect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGA-M4 View Post
    So I am moving on from modern Ar's with rails and acogs with magpul crap etc... I am now interested in building an m16 clone and an xm177. I was wondering if a regular mil spec receiver extension will work with a xm177 stock? also I saw that dpms sells the slip over flash hider but it doesnt look exactly like the real xm177 flash hider. Does anyone know of any other slip over muzzle brakes I can buy? I want my build to look exactly like this ...
    Nice choice in CARs; KISS has a quality all of its own.

But avoid the slipovers, a waste of my limited money as it only looks good from about 20' - 25' away.
    Last edited by nfafan; 10-29-10 at 23:56.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FaustX View Post
    I'm working on a XM177E2 build and found 45Bravo totally non-responsive. Being busy is a good sign and poss. indicative of demand quality, but no matter how busy someone might be the failure to reply to a single email in today's internet age is just poor customer service in my opinion.

Or it was eaten by a spam filter, or somehow deleted....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    The issue right now is getting a proper faux MODERATOR. Brick has manufactured a dandy moderator in the past, but is currently out. Supposedly more "on the way".

The wait for a good moderator has even started another retro fan investigating the feasibility of manufactuuring a good substitute.

ADCO as well as Heatnbeat are both good Smiths to get the work done.

FN in MT

11/29

BRICK just posted that he will soon have the newest batch of moderators and grenade rings ready. You might want to go to the site or e mail him and get in line.

http://98.196.65.94/retroblackrifle/....php?f=3&t=495

FN in MT
    Last edited by FN in MT; 11-29-10 at 12:51.

Feedback Score
    DANG!!! I didn't realize that XM177 parts were so expensive. I have a few original parts on a rifle and in my parts box. Guess I need to take the stock off my rifle and stick it in the safe!!! Most of the parts (other than the grenade ring) are on my HD gun sitting by the bed. Took the grenade ring off years ago as it just looked goofy and I was changing FH's anyways.
    Amazing what a guy has sometimes that he doesn't know is collectible.
    WW
    PS...none of it is currently for sale.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here's my clone, it's not totally accurate but I like it.

Low Speed, High Drag Phone Operator

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast