Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need help with first xm177 clone build

Feedback Score

This is a real one, so you have something to compare to.

Feedback Score
    Getting closer to my build...
    Upper with BCG, ALL the small parts
    Just need a stock, moderator, barrel, mottled grip, and a lower!

What is the correct slip ring for an xm177e2? Mine won't be totally correct anyway, as it will have a 12.2 barrel, but I want to be close as I can get besides that. I already have a flat one is why I ask...

Also, how do the moderators that Brick is building not require NFA stamp if they are clones of originals?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acarpenter View Post
    Getting closer to my build...
    Upper with BCG, ALL the small parts
    Just need a stock, moderator, barrel, mottled grip, and a lower!

What is the correct slip ring for an xm177e2? Mine won't be totally correct anyway, as it will have a 12.2 barrel, but I want to be close as I can get besides that. I already have a flat one is why I ask...

Also, how do the moderators that Brick is building not require NFA stamp if they are clones of originals?

Thanks!
    The XM-177E2 used the angled Delta ring. I believe Brick's moderators aren't really moderators, but flash hiders. I think the only thing that is cloned is the outer dimension of the originals.

Feedback Score
    xm177 barrels made with welded moderater using chrome lined Wilson 11.5" barrels $295 complete from Highpoweredarmory,330-503-2298 . Paul has made a fine barrel assy. for the XM177 clones. His moderater really cuts down the blast and flash compared to the other 3 types of legal copy moderaters being sold today. I was able to finish a XM177 copy today with his parts,stock,barrel assy with welded&pinned moderater,Xm177 handguard with 6 holes. Paul is a class act and has very good products.
    Last edited by fowler; 06-24-12 at 17:00.

Feedback Score
    All solid advice, Contact 45Bravo for the moderator/grenade ring.

Nodak upper/Lower/
    Powdercoated Aluminum stock,
    Anodized parts at US anodizing
    Colt 6 hole HG's
    Bushmaster Super lightweight barrel.
    Shaved FSB
    Pinned mod.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by flatdarkmars View Post
    45Bravo is backlogged and not accepting new barrel work at the current time. However, ADCO or Arfcom member Heatnbeat can do your barrel work. The most accurate reproduction non-NFA moderator is that made by Brick (currently out of stock but more coming). He also makes the grenade rings. For maximum historical correctness you may also want to have the forge flashing on the front sight base smoothed, and secure the front sling swivel with a roll pin instead of a rivet.

You can use whatever receiver extension and stock you like. The most correct would be a Colt aluminum vinyl-acetate coated carbine stock on a 2-position receiver extension, like this one, but be prepared to pay $300+ if you want one. There are commercial aftermarket aluminum stocks out there as well which could be substituted if you're not determined to go the correct but expensive route.

Here is a picture of my XM177E2 upper. It has an NDS-603 receiver, Bushmaster superlight barrel with Brick moderator and grenade ring, barrel work done by Adco, and a field expedient vertical foregrip I made myself.

I love the homemade vfg.

Feedback Score
    Here is how mine turned out, btw

I still need to cut off the bayo lug and clean up the fsb of it's cast marks.
    Last edited by acarpenter; 11-21-12 at 21:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does anyone know if Brick or 45Bravo are still making the moderators? I am building a XM177 clone, and I am missing the barrel, moderator, and authentic handguards. I have the upper, the lower and a "plastic" carbine stock.

I would love to finish this project gun to go along with my 603 clone.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234