Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Reload for self-defense rounds?

Feedback Score
    I practice almost exclusively with reloads, but I carry with factory ammo. I know it should not make any difference in a justified shoot, but I figure that if some prosecutor wants to try to hang me I shouldn't hand him anything that looks like it could be used as a rope. I think being able to say "here is a list of police departments in this state that issue the same ammo I used to their officers" may not necessarily look good to a jury, but it will certainly look better than "I made that ammo in my basement."

We all know that it should not make any difference, but we also know that it can, especially in a civil case. Why make a prosecutor's or plaintiff's attorny's job any easier.

But that's just my opinion.

Feedback Score
    As a Police Officer I have never been concerned with the 'handload' aspect of a shooting. In a civil matter you might have an issue, but if your shooting is justified you don't have a problem. If the guy sues you for a wrongful action, it's the action not the ammunition
    "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345