Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adventure Medical Kits Trauma Pak - range bag safety?

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

True

But better safe than sorry in the field, I mean alot of times we weren't talking about the most highly trained personnel in regards to higher end medical training. But yeah the gauze works great, the QC powder I would stay clear of to be safe. Buy new, not second hand on the powder.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    But better safe than sorry in the field, I mean alot of times we weren't talking about the most highly trained personnel in regards to higher end medical training. But yeah the gauze works great, the QC powder I would stay clear of to be safe. Buy new, not second hand on the powder.
    Most certainly. And, to be clear, I have used just about every hemostatic agent out there, and I really have no bias. I like the QC gauze because it is prevalent, but I would be just as happy to use Celox, HemCon, or stasilon.

As far as what is in the AMK kit, I would be suprised, very suprised, to know it was the older stuff. AMK tends to be pretty relevent in their products. For this particular little kit, the price is very nice. You would be hard pressed to buy the parts/pieces individually to build a kit for that price unless you know someone in the biz and can get the stuff wholesale or at a reduced cost.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

so true

I like the kits but I get a lot of my other gear from ChinookMed. And if you send your proper creds you can get the good stuff. Meds, restricted items, etc...
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score

thanks!

Thanks for all of the great help and useful conversation on the topic! I feel like I learned a ton.

Best -

bob

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    The days of thermogenic effects of QC have come and gone.

Celox is good stuff but either Celox or QC in gauze form are GTG.

Even still I've used the old QC (thermogenic) and managed to not disfigure anyone.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    The days of thermogenic effects of QC have come and gone.
    Yes, but their reputation lingers on. They should have changed the name of the product. We would never stock it because, as you say, the alternatives are GTG.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Yes, but their reputation lingers on. They should have changed the name of the product. We would never stock it because, as you say, the alternatives are GTG.
    I don't know of anyone in the community that still thinks thermogenic still exist outside of old inventory.

That said I'd have zero (zip, nada, naught) hesitation using the old stuff if someone had an arterial bleed.

I prefer the Combat Gauze mostly for its ease of use than any concern about burning.

From a marketing perspective lots of people know the "Quik Clot" name for its useful primary effects, why give up that branding when it's saved so many lives? It's not like it's killed anyone.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 10-04-10 at 19:39.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12