Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Underslung launcher or underslung shotgun

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

I hope so...

I would hope those days are over and you have no HE left. LOL, in-laws would be given 10 seconds to leave if they upset you before you ranged them out. J/K Vet. Yeah, toys are...OK. But investing in training and ammo and quality parts is and should be a higher priority IMHO.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I know you're right. But I still want one. WP would hurt more.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Ouch

Your just not right! WP, c'mon be merciful at least a little...you sick bastard.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Theoretical here. After filling out the proper NFA paperwork for the SBS, wouldn't one need to fill out the proper NFA paper for the AR receiver as well if attaching?
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    My first thought is no. You have two seperate weapons. Any one out there with a M203? There is a section on my form four for further description. That might solve the problem ie this SBS will at times be attached to an AR15.

I was looking at an M16 with an M203 attached a few months ago. It was like 29K. That is when the looking stopped.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 10-04-10 at 19:59.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    gun nuts do a lot of things that aren't practical... for instance.. we have more guns than we could carry lol

I was always fascinated with attaching a shotgun under an AR.. started with the movie Predator 1. yeah it was an m16a2 with a remington shotgun.. but with the advent of the m4 length .... it would be fun lol

as for the cost... i don't live in the continental u.s. not subjected to limitations.

seems like the rail won't be able to handle the recoil.. so It has to be attached to the barrel itself against the receiver.
    www.cpra.ph
    Cebu Pistol and Rifle Association

Feedback Score
    On AimSurplus, they sell Spike Tactical's underslung 37mm 'HAVOC' launcher, for $340.

On exoticammo dot com, there's around 4 or 5 different types of civilian legal, 37mm projectiles. Milsurp Tear gas projectiles, concussion projectiles, and 'Bird Bombs', which look like the air burst fireworks they shoot off every 4th of July.., more or less.

They also sell the materials to reload some of their projectiles.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    KAC and Remington both make them. I think it was designed for breeching rounds. You should contact them and ask some questions. I know there is at least one KAC employee here on M4C just found his screen name KevinB here is a link. Check out post #253 and contact KevinB looks like he works for KAC and could give you some info or point you in the right direction.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...=53319&page=13

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Congratulations! Tell him what he has won Bob. An entry for Necropost of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicm78 View Post
    On AimSurplus, they sell Spike Tactical's underslung 37mm 'HAVOC' launcher, for $340.

On exoticammo dot com, there's around 4 or 5 different types of civilian legal, 37mm projectiles. Milsurp Tear gas projectiles, concussion projectiles, and 'Bird Bombs', which look like the air burst fireworks they shoot off every 4th of July.., more or less.

They also sell the materials to reload some of their projectiles.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Congratulations! Tell him what he has won Bob. An entry for Necropost of the Year.
    Lol whoops. Sorry for raising the dead, I'm used to forums that close replies after so long.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Slinger646 View Post
    It may not be practical, but it sure does look cool.
    The first AR I ever bought, was a tired old Pac West Armory (PWA) HBAR, in a nominally shady shop west of Asheville, in the summer of '91. Came with a M237 flare launcher attached to it (got the box & instructions included!). For $575 out the door, I was a tacticool Rambo-wannabee!

I fired a couple of $15 flares out of it (on a college student budget, mind you. Norinco .223 was $.99/box o' 20 at the time, so $15 flares were a BIG expenditure!), had a blast shooting both of them, and eventually sold the launcher separately, before dumping the rifle, too. The rifle WAS a dud, which is why PWA went out of business, and while I wish I still had the flare launcher (not sure what I'd do with it, other than probably sell it for a lot more money now, than I did then ), I REALLY can't see the purpose of one now. I mean, if I really NEED to launch flares, a marine flare gun would be cheaper, and probably more effective (it would certainly weigh less, and take up less valuable space on the rifle or in the kit).
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast