Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Sling for M1A

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How do you plan on using your rifle?

If you might shoot national match or want to keep the classic look of the M14 then go with a military sling. I have a Turners on my match gun and had a DPMS on my Socom. The DPMS is old and not that good of quality, took a lot of leather cream and work to soften up. The Turners is very nice and soft. I can't comment on the "1st Tier Slings" by TAM as I am only 2nd Tier.

If you plan to use it for more of a "tactical/action" style shooting or even hunting, then you could look into an adjustable 2 point like Vikings Tactics. You can get a buttstock adapter and then attach the front to the gas system or better yet attach a side sling swivel to the stock so you won't be torquing you gas system if you are using the sling for support while firing. You can get the padded sling from Viking which will help distribute weight a little better. This is the route I have decided to take with the Socom.

Utah1 - How is that ARMS mount working out for you?
    Last edited by Cobra66; 10-12-10 at 16:58.
    “The ruling class doesn’t care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake.” – former U.S. Sen. Malcolm Wallop (R-Wy.)

Feedback Score
    Longhunter,

Weight, design are pretty much identical.

You can't go wrong with either. I prefer the Bio-thanes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    4-5 months wait? What makes them better than the Turrners?
    The suppleness of the leather. The perfect thickness of the leather. The stitching on the keepers. The attention to every detail. Everything.

You have to actually use a Tam sling to truly understand why it is superior.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Biothane sling keepers are a royal PITA to slide around and they make it nearly impossible for the sling to tighten like it should.

I tried to work with one for half a season and gave up and sold it.

Used a canvas GI sling until my Tam came in and then never looked back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12