Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: which 6.8 rifle?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

which 6.8 rifle?

Really want to invest in a 6.8, would like to spend around 2-2.5 k, and have a nice, reliable, sweet shooting piece. Ive been eyeing the LWRC M6A3 with the 18" bbl, this rifle will be primarily for hunting, and some mid to long range shooting.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Does it have to be an AR platform or could it be a bolt gun?
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    I know that piston guns are the current rage, but the benefits (which are questionable) are primarily for SBRs. Your criteria (longer barrel and accuracy) seem better suited for a traditional DI- if it were me I would take a close look at a Noveske.

Feedback Score
    Bushmaster ACR in 6.8, but not available yet. Daniel Defense has a rifle called the Ambush in 6.8 that is due out shortly and is specifically geared towards hunting. Or, I have heard good things about the AR Performance rifles. They are currently available in 6.8.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matt86 View Post
    Really want to invest in a 6.8, would like to spend around 2-2.5 k, and have a nice, reliable, sweet shooting piece. Ive been eyeing the LWRC M6A3 with the 18" bbl, this rifle will be primarily for hunting, and some mid to long range shooting.
    For what you want, skip the Piston and go DI. Piston rifles make the most sense when you using a short barrel (< 14.5 inches) and a suppressor. For long range accuracy, it's hard to beat a DI rifle.

Daniel Defense makes a great rifle that won't break the bank, thus leaving you extra $$ for a superior optic.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Castle View Post
    I know that piston guns are the current rage, but the benefits (which are questionable) are primarily for SBRs. Your criteria (longer barrel and accuracy) seem better suited for a traditional DI- if it were me I would take a close look at a Noveske.
    Yup. For hunting there is no reason to haul all that weight found in a piston system. Get a nice lightweight Noveske 6.8 Rogue Hunter for $1650 and have cash left over for a nice optic in Larue mounts.

Feedback Score
    For that kind of money check out Noveske and/or AR performance,
    Harrison builds a nice 6.8mm. Good luck

http://www.ar15performance.com/home
    Last edited by BSHNT2015; 10-04-10 at 22:55.

Feedback Score
    Look at the Noveske Rogue Hunter.
    worth every penny.

Feedback Score
    Or if you DO want to go the piston route (nothing wrong with that IMO) consider the LWRC M6A2 (also available in a midlength).

I have 3 (5.45, 5.56 & 6.8) and am completely happy with each.

Feedback Score
    I am not a fan of AR performance barrels........ I'll leave it at that.
    I DO run two Noveskes (a 1/10 and a 1/12) and a Tim Hicks 1/11 "Ko tonics" barrel (all have SPCII chambers). All have had only about 2K rounds a piece through them, But I have not had any FTFs, FTEs...etc.
    The most consistent and accurate are the Noveske barrels.
    You can't go wrong with a Noveske Barrel.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast