Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mountain House Freeze Dried Food

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Mountain House Freeze Dried Food

Anyone use this companies products?

http://www.mountainhouse.com/

A friend of mine says that they are fantastic.

Are they considered the best or one of the best out there?

C4

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    It is edible. It really depends on what it is you try. I would suggest trying a couple when you don't have to live on it and seeing if you think it will work. We took some camping a few years back. I don't remember which ones. Like I said it is edible. Better than the C-rations I had when I was growing up.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Grant, I havent's sampled all of them, but the Mountain House does in fact taste very good. Its what I have in my bug out bag. Taste, consistency, ect were all very good. I particularly remember the lasagne being very palatable. Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have used a lot of their priducts and I think it is very good for what it is. Not as good as fresh made but as good as cheap take out. I have never tried their wraps (I have never seen those before.) It depends on what you want to do with them. Comparable in ease to MREs but they also have big cans for disaster planning which comes out pretty cheap compared to others.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ga Shooter View Post
    I have used a lot of their priducts and I think it is very good for what it is. Not as good as fresh made but as good as cheap take out. I have never tried their wraps (I have never seen those before.) It depends on what you want to do with them. Comparable in ease to MREs but they also have big cans for disaster planning which comes out pretty cheap compared to others.
    Thanks.

I am looking at long term food shortage and want to have an option for a family of 4 (like a years supply).

Am currently looking into a dealer account with them and will post what I find out.

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like it. The chili Mac with Beef is awesome.

Some of their food tastes off but it is still pretty good when you don't have anything else to eat out in the woods.

Mike

Feedback Score
    Mr Grant,

Used MH privately and in the military. Its fine if you know normal food is coming your way soon..........but for a year?

If its for your pesonal use you should consider the basic staples: Flour; sugar; powdered milk; rice; porridge oats; salt. These can be bought by the sack in C*stc* for a few $. The basics allow you to bake and make bread, pancakes, dumplings and provide rice as a carbo staple.

To the basics you add tinned meats, fruits, vegetables, good powdered egg if you can find it and basically whatever else fits your taste.
    Last edited by Von Rheydt; 10-06-10 at 14:59.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    It's one of the better of its kind. Supplement with vitamins, and just add extras every time you go grocery shopping. Buy double of one to a few items every time you shop.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I tried some with my friend who bought some sort of variety pack to figure out what he wanted to buy in bulk. The ones I tried were all rather good for freeze dried food.

I think for something like this you are better off to get as much variety as possible though. Eat the same 3 things for a month and you'll be ready to fight the next person you see for some beef jerky.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Rheydt View Post
    Mr Grant,

Used MH privately and in the military. Its fine if you know normal food is coming your way soon..........but for a year?

If its for your pesonal use you should consider the basic staples: Flour; sugar; powdered milk; rice; porridge oats; salt. These can be bought by the sack in C*stc* for a few $. The basics allow you to bake and make bread, pancakes, dumplings and provide rice as a carbo staple.

To the basics you add tinned meats, fruits, vegetables, good powdered egg if you can find it and basically whatever else fits your taste.
    Looking to be able to move around a lot and have a reliable food option.

Do I want to eat it for a year? No way. Might I have too?????

C4

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast