Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Good shtf Book Suggestions

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Good shtf Book Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeewhite View Post
    Most of that was free on tos, he finished it and published it. Ending was a let down, like he ran out of time and needed an ending.
    I thought so as well, sucked pretty bad to be honest.
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkr870 View Post
    I thought so as well, sucked pretty bad to be honest.
    Felt like he stole my lunch money on that one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just finished book 4 of the 299 days series and I'm really digging it. Can't wait for book 5.
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Passed on from another site:
    Free downloadable digital copy of Unintended Consequences.

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/ ... uences.pdf
    Last edited by Packman73; 02-25-13 at 22:14.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Packman73 View Post
    Passed on from another site:
    Free downloadable digital copy of Unintended Consequences.
    Correct URL, click here

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rkba01 View Post
    Thanks.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Good shtf Book Suggestions

Just finished "Danielle Kidnapped" by John Silveria of Backwoods Home Magazine. Scenario is a fast forming ice age and near total collapse of govt. Very gritty, violent but ultimately a heroic read.

Unlike so many SHTF books it is very well edited. Concise narrative and dialog, reminds me of Hemingway style. After reading it you will want to buy a ton more ammo and food, move away from any highway, and start patrolling your perimeter!

First book in the Danielle trilogy. Available on Kindle.
    Last edited by NWPilgrim; 02-28-13 at 17:25.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

299 Days Update

Glen Tate is on the most recent Survival Podcast. Book #5 will be released alone and not until the end of March
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rkba01 View Post
    Yes, a double thanks for the link... I bought the 1st Edition (before the legally mandated editing) when it first came out. It is prized on my bookshelf, but it is HEAVY and THICK. Not one to pack with you on a hike. But loaded on an e-Reader, it is now a must have.

Rmpl
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmplstlskn View Post
    Yes, a double thanks for the link... I bought the 1st Edition (before the legally mandated editing) when it first came out.....
    I downloaded it from a different site a while back. What was the mandated editing and is the previously linked version edited?
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast