Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EAG Carbine SC, 10-12 Dec 2007

Feedback Score
    Donna handles all the admin- she is in AZ and i am in VA, so my advice is to check with her directly.
    I would do it, but i don't know your name and i doubt you put RD62 on your application

We send confirmation out after the process is complete, so yeah, send the deposit in. She'll be holding your seat until she receives it completed or we tell her not to.
    Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks Pat. Your at it early this AM. I'll give her a call for the deposit.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    My reville is at 0420. I am up early every morning

E mail Donna. She is 100% deaf, and unless you like going through TTY, e mail is a better way.

Feedback Score
    Pat,

Any prior AR training necessary for this course?

I'm an LE with extensive training in Pistol, Shotgun, and MP5, but have never formally trained with the AR but I'm looking for my first class.

Thanks,

T.W.

Feedback Score
    TW<
    Good afternoon. No, you'll do fine.
    My big issue is that people have some basic knowledge of guns but not necessarily of the weapons system.
    You have all of that (and more) so you should be GTG.
    Do you have an AR? If not, advise.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I just submitted my app. Looking forward to a great course! I will brush up on your SWAT articles in the mean time.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Pat,
    That's a roger on the AR ! Grew up shootin Coyotes when it wasn't deer season down in South Georgia with my Pop's AR (vietnam vet) but I just recently picked up my first.

I have been looking to take a class to familiarize myself with the tactical/fighting use of the weapon and not the hunting use I grew up with.
    I'm a Citadel graduate so S.C. is a second home for me, however I'm not familiar with the location of South Congaree?

Thanks again, Now all I have to do is convince the High Command (aka...Wife) to let me sneak away for a few days of training!

T.W.

Feedback Score
    Roger TW.
    Be real noce to her, and maybe she'll give you the go ahead.
    You'll have fun, and hopefully learn something!

P7- looking forward to it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citpitch02 View Post
    Pat,
    That's a roger on the AR ! Grew up shootin Coyotes when it wasn't deer season down in South Georgia with my Pop's AR (vietnam vet) but I just recently picked up my first.

I have been looking to take a class to familiarize myself with the tactical/fighting use of the weapon and not the hunting use I grew up with.
    I'm a Citadel graduate so S.C. is a second home for me, however I'm not familiar with the location of South Congaree?

Thanks again, Now all I have to do is convince the High Command (aka...Wife) to let me sneak away for a few days of training!

T.W.
    It is a little south of the Columbia Airport. There are a few decent places to stay in the area, but you'd probably be better off staying near 26. There is a Ramada Inn close by on 26, but it is the motel that all Armed Services recruits stay before going to MEPS and before shipping out to P.I., Ft Jackson and other Basic camps, so at times you can run into a lot of "they last night before I go to boot" trouble. There are some good areas and bad areas in that general area of Columbia, maybe if some of the local's if any could chime in and give a heads up to those who may not be familiar. 5 points, in Downtown Columbia is definitely an interesting place to visit. Most of the better restaurants in Columbia are on Harbison Blvd, which is a little ways but not that far. There is a LE gun store on Broad River Road, not far from all the state Govt offices called Lawmans and it is a pretty decent store, also Palmetto Firearms, which is north of Lawmans on Broad River Road. I am pretty sure Lawmans is close to where Broad River Rd and St Andrews Rd intersect. Lawmans has a good bit of Police trade in Glocks and you can find some good deals there at times. FWIW

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the 411 on the area Hootie.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast