Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goal of This New Forum Section

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Goal of This New Forum Section

This forum sub-section has been created to give new firearms owners and members new to shooting a place to ask questions and discuss topics without hesitation. Obviously the goal is to get these members started off with the best information possible. All our members are encouraged to help with answering questions if you honestly feel you are knowledgeable enough to do so.

One thing will be perfectly clear though; we do not want to see any making fun of, or otherwise harassing members for their questions in this section. This section is intended to be friendly & helpful so let’s try hard to keep it that way. Members breaking this golden rule will be dealt with severely.

Thank you,

M4c Admin/Staff/Mods
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 10-08-10 at 13:20.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    Not that you guys need my affirmation but I think having a subsection of the forum dedicated to new shooters is a great idea. Hopefully it gets some of the clutter out of the technical areas of the forum. IMHO it is a win/win for the board.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)

Thumbs up

This forum is an excellent idea. It will allow persons new to shooting AR's to get the data points and info they need to make an informed and educated purchase.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    A most excellent idea! A very large tip of the hat, for the person that thought of it.

I see that there are already several sticky's for this sub-forum as well. Is there a mod/staff/IP/SME person going through some of the other threads, looking for candidates to be stickied here?

Not trying to be snarky at all, just helpful. If members spot one that would be handy, we can just shoot a mod a PM, right? I was just curious if there was a specific set of mods for this one.

This forum is really going to help folks, both new and old.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great idea...setting up an information clearinghouse of sorts for us greenhorns.

Having grown up around guns and shooting, I will say that I thought I had a satisfactory knowledge of both. However, my jump into the world of AR's this year was and remains to be incredibly overwhelming. I thought that I did a fair amount of research before I bought my first M4, but I have since learned that, while I could have done worse, I could have done much better. I don't regret that b/c I count it as a learning opportunity. As such, I'm already planning my first build based on many of the lessons I've learned in the past months.

Again, thanks for keeping those of us who are barely able to find our way in mind.

Feedback Score
    Thanks,this forum is an excellent idea, IMO.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Feedback Score
    Great Idea! The only dumb question is the one not asked.

Feedback Score
    Absolutely a great idea! Much better than TOS

Feedback Score
    As a new AR owner (but not a new shooter, AR or otherwise) it is nice to have a place look for information. I read more then post and have been studying other sources on the AR for quite awhile.

As someone who will benefit from this thread I only ask that the elitism that appears in so many other threads be left outside this thread. I know that my AR might not stand up to the use and abuse that the pros put their carbines through, I know guns pretty well on the whole, but I have seen a number of instances where a new user asking a question gets told that should have just spent another $100 or $200 more and got whatever favor of high-end, pro grade hardware they prefer. Instead it would be nice to see some real answers to the questions.

I also know about the search function. I use it regularly, which is why I read more then post, but search results can be very daunting for new users who not only don't know the answers but sometimes don't know how to ask the question. My wife can bullseye a target with any of her or my rifles but would not even begin to know how to ask about gas keys.

Any way, thank you to the folks running the site, this thread is much appreciated. Please take this as feedback from a happy user and not as a rant.

Feedback Score
    So I take it someone can ask a question here and not get flamed for not searching first.

What a great idea, wish it was around years ago!!!
    "You won't rise to the ocassion, you'll default to your level of training." Barrett Tillman

NRA LE Handgun/Shotgun Instructor
    Pa ACT235 Firearms Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast