Thread: Question: Why Magpul MIADs on 308s?

Feedback Score

Question: Why Magpul MIADs on 308s?

I've noticed in people's 308 pics that a lot of them are using Magpul MIADs. I've never used one and wanted to see if anyone would share their reasoning. Is it the adjustable size or is it the storage? Or something else??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wileecoyote View Post
    I've noticed in people's 308 pics that a lot of them are using Magpul MIADs. I've never used one and wanted to see if anyone would share their reasoning. Is it the adjustable size or is it the storage? Or something else??
    Um, same reason I use them on the rest of my AR's ?

Feedback Score
    Fits my hand better then the factory grip on the MWS.

Feedback Score
    The adjustable backstrap lets you fit the grip to your hand. If your paws are kinda big, this helps. I have one on each 5.56 and also my LMT MWS. It is a great improvement.

Feedback Score
    I have MAIDs on all my 556ARs and I thought I'd swap out the ERGO when I got the rifle. I have the soft, pliable ERGO grip on mine, and it seems pretty good in my living room fondling and the one time I could get to the range. For now I'll stick with it.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I'm in the same camp as you. I always liked the feel of the Ergo grips on LMTs, but my SR15 has a standard grip which I'm not crazy about. After seeing so many pics of people with MIADs I wondered what the draw was. Debating what to do but I'm also not sure I want to hassle with modifying the MIAD to fit the SR15.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    The Ergo Grip on my LMT 308 MWS put my hand in a position where I had to regrip to manipulate the safety. I replaced it with a MIAD with the A10 Wedge and it's perfect.

The Ergo was also annoying when the plug kept popping out after a few rounds fired...It's also too skinny for my taste...besides that it's sweet...
    Last edited by Tzoid; 10-10-10 at 14:29.
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers