Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 gun + training day

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

3 gun + training day

Well fellas it looks like we've got our own training group forum finally, very cool. I'll start it off with the question of who will be @ Woolmarket for the 3 gun on the 16th and is there an update on our carbine training day there?

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    On another note if anyone is in the hattiesburg area next Friday I am going to be at the local range that day practicing for next days 3 gun. Let me know if you have time and opportunity to go with. Thanks,

-Jax

-Ryan Job

"Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    No word yet. Can't make the match bc of work.

Just throwing around ideas here but how about a weekly drill. Then we can post times/scores/results/vids for critique and review.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Isn't Woolmarket on the 23rd? That would be the third "full" week weekend....?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Well I won't be available to shoot the match, but I might come hang out for a bit.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Some guy not brave enough to put his name on it, so he slapped Jefferson's name on it.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Pretty sure it will be this Saturday amac. That is the 3rd Saturday in October but I see your point. Kinda funny because there are actually 5 Saturdays in this month.

Kyle how come you can't shoot this weekend?

Fish the drill idea is great. Only problem is that I have GOT to buy a shot timer.
    Last edited by jaxman7; 10-11-10 at 12:42.

-Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You're right Jax, it is this weekend. I asked on the ar15 forum and they confirmed.
    Fish, are you suggesting we submit a "drill of the week" - perform - then post our results? I like the learning angle of that. I only wish I had a web cam to record with.

Feedback Score
    Timer wouldn't be necessary. It would help but not really needed. Just take a snap shot of the target and post some comments. Make it a regular occurance just to formalize some routine practice, keep up the peer pressure and keep things interesting. Perhaps layout a max round count and keep it relevant to pistol and rifle only.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Well jax, that's a funny story. Thursday me and the wife went to GA to visit my dad who was admitted to the hospital, and while we were there m wife had to have her appendix removed, so needless to say I'm still in GA, and won't be home until thursday. then I'll be takin care of the wife so yeah.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Some guy not brave enough to put his name on it, so he slapped Jefferson's name on it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What's everyone up to? There haven't been any posts in "our" forum since the last 3gun. Anyone have any training suggestions? I've got an order on the way for some 5.56 dummy rounds. I need to get some for the 9mm next. I've got to get the tap, rack, bang drill down pat. I'm going to mix the dummies into a couple different mags and then run through them and handle the misfires. Should help some seeing how I had a misfire on my AR the last 3gun. I totally blew it!

I read your shotgun post Jax. How did you decide to mount the AFG? Anyone else changing up their weapons? Lets get some chat going here!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast