Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 gun + training day

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Amac,

Agreed, lets start some 'talkin'. Dummy rounds are a huge help. I've got dummy 9mm,5.56,& 12 gauge. I just finished practicing reloads on all 3 a couple of hours ago. If you can, order a bunch. If you practice malf drills it becomes a pain if you only have, say 3-4. Tap rack a few times and there you go again stripping a mag and reloading dummies. There are 2 types I have. Aluminum and steel cased shells with plastic bullets. The aluminium is great for dry firing but the extractor and feedramps chew them to pieces after awhile. The steel cased ones I have (I actually bought them from Jack @ elite) last much longer and are much cheaper. The downside is that there is a recess where the primer is and I don't think my M&P9's firing pin is having anything to strike against. The aluminum ones are struck by the firing pin and it is very discernable by the difference in sound.
    Oh and I saw that malfunction with your AR bud. Not pretty!!

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Oh, and after hours and hours of filing and sanding and trying to figure out how to mount the AFG on my shotgun I came to the most technically proficient means for a mounting solution.....JB Weld! The forearm thickness and where I wanted to mount it just would not allow room for screws. I've put probably 150 through after the mod and so far so good. A couple of days ago I held the gun by the AFG and tried to get to break off. Its still on. Hopefully long term durability will be the same.

Fish,

If you read this I have a question. You and I position our support hands on a shotgun pretty much the same way with a thumb forward grip. After long strings of fire do you burn your palm? I am considering ordering a polymer handguard and modifying it to fit my auto to hopefully help with this problem.

-Jax

-Ryan Job

"Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    Amac:

Try having a friend load your mags with a mix of live rounds, dummy rounds and spent brass. The spent brass really messes things up and causes interesting malfunctions. I subscribe to the theory that if the gun doesn't go bang I need to look at the chamber first to choose a remedial action.

Jax:

Not yet but burning myself is a concern. Wouldn't mind having a shield.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I hadn't thought of the used brass trick. I was going to load multiple mags, mix them up and then load and shoot. I ordered the magpul 223's and they're plastic. Feel like crap! No weight to them what so ever. Oh well. They were only $5 for 5.

I ran threw some of Jack's 9mm dummies during the training session. I liked his - they had good weight. The only draw back is the orange color stands out and my periphial catches the round feeding. I know what's about to happen. Still don't execute properly.

I did just buy the new Wilson AR15 trigger system. Very psyched to get that installed and fire off a few. I'm headin to the range on Sunday. I give a report after that.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Sweet! Let us know how you like the TTU. I've been wanting to try out one of those.

-Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    How about a November or December get together? Sherburne seems like the only range worth while.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Do you want to have a training day?

-Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    If we have enough target stands to set up something. Sherburne you gotta bring everything yourself.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So Fish, what do we need to make it work? Cardboard and sticks are easy to come by.... where do we get the stands to put them in? I'm in whenever. Let me know what I need to pick up.

I'm going to LaPlace on Sunday if you're interested.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Election signs make great cheap target stands. Not that I've picked up some liberal candidates signs off of the road before!

-Jax

-Ryan Job

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast