Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3 gun + training day

Feedback Score
    At least 1 target stand per person. I got 4 total and plenty of ipsc targets and pasties. What we work on would be dependant on you guys. I'm looking at the calendar and the 20th till the 27th is good for me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

TTU Report

Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Sweet! Let us know how you like the TTU. I've been wanting to try out one of those.
    I went out yesterday to test out the TTU. I was definitely impressed. My first impression was crisp, clean break - like what you read in their description. After several more rounds, I thought back to my stock M&P trigger. I hate to say it, but there are some similarities. The TTU definitely has a lighter pull weight, shorter reset and no gritty feel. Also, the "click" is not as pronounced with the TTU. It's a smoother, softer cliiiiicccckkkk feel. Not to say it's not worth it, I just wonder what a good trigger job to the stock trigger I had in would feel like. The 4# pull vs. the 6-7# pull is obvious, but the resistance is a familiar feel. The biggest difference is the reset. Much shorter, with a positive click of re-engagement.

While I was there, I got to shoot an AR with the Giessele two-stage trigger. If you want smooth, that's the one! No clicking, just pull and bang. The reset is minimal. His was set to very little creep, then just break and bang! Wow, it was nice. Much smoother than the TTU. I'm not sure if that would be practical as a home defense, tactical or even 3gun set up. It felt very delicate. The shooter had his AR set up with a sniper scope and that trigger seemed a better choice for precision shooting.

If you're considering a new trigger, I hope this helps. I'll let anyone test it out that shows up at the next 3Gun. See you all there!

AMAC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123