Page 3190 of 3297 FirstFirst ... 2190269030903140318031883189319031913192320032403290 ... LastLast
Results 31,891 to 31,900 of 32963

Thread: AR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That is a slick little Carbine, is the upper receiver a Battle Arms also?
    Last edited by Spooky1; 04-16-21 at 03:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky1 View Post
    That is a slick little Carbine, is the upper receiver a Battle Arms also?q+
    Looks like an Vltor MUR. Very good receiver, BTW. They undersize the flange slightly for a perfect fit, requiring a deep freeze, heat gun, and mallet to install. Aluminum expands much faster than steel, so the tighter the fit the more consistent your groups will be as things warm up. They also have a monolithic style version of the MUR that's a great option for anyone wanting free float without their laser zero wandering too much. It's kind of heavy on paper, but not when you consider the rigidity that it brings to the table. For an SPR style rifle where you want aiming devices on the top rail, it's the obvious choice in my opinion.

ETA: Oh and it's forged instead of billet, so big bonus there too.
    Last edited by okie; 04-16-21 at 03:23.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Looks like an Vltor MUR. Very good receiver, BTW. They undersize the flange slightly for a perfect fit, requiring a deep freeze, heat gun, and mallet to install. Aluminum expands much faster than steel, so the tighter the fit the more consistent your groups will be as things warm up. They also have a monolithic style version of the MUR that's a great option for anyone wanting free float without their laser zero wandering too much. It's kind of heavy on paper, but not when you consider the rigidity that it brings to the table. For an SPR style rifle where you want aiming devices on the top rail, it's the obvious choice in my opinion.

ETA: Oh and it's forged instead of billet, so big bonus there too.

Thank you for that information, while I am not new to AR's, I am a long way from knowing what 99.5% of what alot of y'all know. I have a Colt, 2 BCM, 2 S&W, and 2 Diamondback's so alot of the Billet stuff I am not familiar with, so it's cool it's Forged. I was however surprised with the Diamondbacks but then again I could have gotten the 2 good ones they put together. 😝

I would like to put together a precision/hunting AR in 6mm ARC, so something like that upper would probably be awesome for that.
    Last edited by Spooky1; 04-17-21 at 00:24.

Feedback Score
    Colt / Knights Armament IAR6940H Prototype Upper Receiver

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by minuteman1636 View Post

What's up with the handguard? I'm guessing there's something going on down there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by minuteman1636 View Post

What's up with the handguard? I'm guessing there's something going on down there.

Feedback Score
    The handguard is called 'Heat Rail System' and was designed by Knights Armament. It functions as a heat sink and pulls heat away from the barrel and is supposed to dissipate it faster than traditional barrel cooling.

It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Sure, anything in particular you want to see on it?

Those are good, thanks.

What brand barrel in this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Those are good, thanks.

What brand barrel in this one?
    That is a CA barrel.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 3190 of 3297 FirstFirst ... 2190269030903140318031883189319031913192320032403290 ... LastLast