Page 2102 of 3297 FirstFirst ... 110216022002205220922100210121022103210421122152220226023102 ... LastLast
Results 21,011 to 21,020 of 32965

Thread: AR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I think you need to train on using your "all around" carbine in a CQB role, including indoors, otherwise you're just limiting yourself and your options.
    This. You should really consider adding a light. You can add a IWC mount and Surefire G2X for $120. I'm sure you could find a better deal with a little looking. With out the light you are definitely limiting you option. Good call on the Colt.

Feedback Score
    Any reason why my post was moved from AR general discussion “normal thread” to “AR Picture thread”? I’m not sure to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin1 View Post
    Hello everyone.
    This is my first post and would like to use this opportunity to transition from a competitor forum to this one.
    I’m not a newbie in firearms. I’m pretty familiar with rifles (long range and 22lr) and pistols. I have started gaining interest in ARs for the past 6 month.
    So after a lot of reading and thinking, this is the setup I ended up with for my first and only AR.
    These are the parts I used:
    I wasn’t sure (and I’m still not sure) what is going to be the purpose of this rifle. So I tried to make it a more all-around gun, without spending too much money.

Rifle: Colt 6920 MP-FDE
    I figured going with a Colt is the safest bet. I could always sell it and recover a good portion of my expense in case I want to go a different route.

Optics:
    Burris PEPR QD mount/ Vortex Dimondback 2-7X35.
    Burris TRS-125 highrise red dot.
    I can swap quickly between both mounts and they both hold zero

Sling:
    VTAC 2 point sling. This one was kind of a no brainer.
    The front mount is a GMG Picatinny Rail Sling Mount. The edges are a little sharp, but I don’t think it’s a show stopper and for $11, you can’t beat the price
    I did hesitate a lot on how/where to mount the sling on the stock. This is how I ended up running it.

Picatinny rails:
    Two 5 slots Magpul rails. One for the front sling mount, the other to mount my Harris 6-9 swivel bipod for bench shooting
    Vertical grip:
    I decided to not run a vertical grip, even though one came with the rifle.
    I have found out that the 5 slot Picatinny rail covered with MagPul XTM covers, is sufficient and provides enough comfort for shooting.

Light:
    I’m not planning to put a light. My primary weapon for self-defense is a Glock 35 with a light. I don’t think it’s a good idea to use an AR for a primary self-defense weapon. Cleaning rooms with an AR requires a lot of training (which I don’t have) and is cumbersome, (since you don’t have a freehand to open a door). If it comes to that, I’ll use my pistol to get to the AR and gather everyone in a room until help comes. I might be wrong, but this is my rational.

Next steps:
    I have already shot around 1000 rounds through this rifle. It’s very accurate and reliable.
    The trigger is very nice….for a milspec trigger… But I must admit that I wouldn’t mind a better trigger for bench shooting plus a longer freefloated handguard. But I think it makes more sense to buy a new rifle that already has a mid-length free floated handguard (like a DD) and change the trigger (or built a new rifle from ground up); rather than make these changes on my current setup. That will be a new project , in addition to my current setup (I guess I’m like all of you guys. One AR is just the start. I will end up with a new rifle soon)
    The only think I’m considering adding to my current setup is a Magpul BAD lever.

So what are your thoughts?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin1 View Post
    Any reason why my post was moved from AR general discussion “normal thread” to “AR Picture thread”? I’m not sure to understand.
    A mod should be able answer this question for you if you send one of them a PM, but if I had to guess I'd say there's no need to start a thread seeking validation of your set-up. You posted a pic, and it fits nicely in this already well established thread.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    blessed are the peacemakers...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    just put this guy together

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Very nice Mr. Fuhrman. I like that gun alot.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    Very nice Mr. Fuhrman. I like that gun alot.
    Thanks, its everything I need and nothing I don't.

I use off set irons for 3gun competition and it so second nature for me to just roll the gun inside 50 yards I don't even think about it. In my area of NE Indiana, I can go from inside my house to having 100-500 yard shots in any direction and therefore I require something with magnification. I tried variable power optics but my quest to keep this rifle as "simple" as possible and light weight pushed me towards the ACOG. 4x for bad guys at distance and offset irons for bad guys in my face.

JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    MI 15inch rail.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    MI 15inch rail.

Really like that rail!

Page 2102 of 3297 FirstFirst ... 110216022002205220922100210121022103210421122152220226023102 ... LastLast