Page 3113 of 3297 FirstFirst ... 2113261330133063310331113112311331143115312331633213 ... LastLast
Results 31,121 to 31,130 of 32965

Thread: AR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Did you notice the hand guards start to warm up? If so, how did the Ergo covers work to protect your hand? I noticed they are narrower, which I like, curious if they were effective for you.
    The Ergo’s work although yesterday the majority of my shooting was with my 10.3 and it has the type 02 covers. I have used the Ergos before though and I didn’t notice the rail overheating. Even though I wore gloves, the Mechanix Specialty Vent gloves aren’t super thick but they are amazing for the summer. But my point it, they are not thick palmed gloves which tells me that my rail is venting heat properly and my rail covers are working. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    The Ergo’s work although yesterday the majority of my shooting was with my 10.3 and it has the type 02 covers. I have used the Ergos before though and I didn’t notice the rail overheating. Even though I wore gloves, the Mechanix Specialty Vent gloves aren’t super thick but they are amazing for the summer. But my point it, they are not thick palmed gloves which tells me that my rail is venting heat properly and my rail covers are working. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Guns look good there. How's the new Larue rails? They seem like a good value for the money. A buddy was thinking of getting one for his work gun and had asked me, but I had no first hand experience with them.

Pic thread:

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

AR Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo 1-1 View Post
    Guns look good there. How's the new Larue rails? They seem like a good value for the money. A buddy was thinking of getting one for his work gun and had asked me, but I had no first hand experience with them.

Pic thread:
    The two main reasons the majority of my rifles have had LaRue rails are 1) They are solid as a tank, so no issues mounting whatever you need on the front of the weapon and 2) It’s one of the easiest aligning rails I’ve ever mounted and personally I find it to be very easy to install the rail. As long as you pay attention to what you’re doing (and beginners follow the instructions) it’s easy peasy. So none of that changed with the MLOK version, except one thing and that’s the price. It’s still an extremely solid and well built rail, and I wouldn’t hesitate mounting a DBAL, light, bipod or whatever you need on one with zero concerns about flex. After sending a lot of rounds down range and running and gunning over the past couple of months, and really running it hard on Labor Day (and in some legit heat) I came to really appreciate the form factor and weight savings of the MLok over the quad. That 10.3, even with my SDN-6 handled like a dream, zero issues with my jacked up shoulders. That was the HUGE sign for me. When I grabbed my 12.5 with the LaRue quad rail and ran a few drills with it, I told it sorry bud, but you’re gonna get replaced.
    I wouldn’t hesitate recommending it to your buddy for his duty rifle and as you mentioned the price point? Brother, it’s a no-brainer in my book. A word of advice if he does get one. Tell him not to sweat the strap wrench, but to hand tighten the outer rail nut down nice and tight and Loctite (blue) the last two screws that he’ll install. That rail will NOT budge one iota.

Is that a new upper? Nice rifle!

Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 09-06-19 at 02:28.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    You can see the evolution of the civilian approach to the ar Platform during the years in this thread :0

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChileRelleno View Post
    L2R

RRA LAR15 A4 NM
    Colt AR15A2 Gov't Model
    PSA AR15 Middie
    S&W M&P15 Carbine

Which Mount is the one of the aimpoint comp m2/pro?

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    Nice shot.

Feedback Score
    Colt 6920 M4 Carbine that I re-barreled with a Colt SOCOM 14.5" barrel with the pinned and welded Colt extended A2 flash hider and H2 buffer. I built this as a SOPMOD Block 1 clone as closely as I could. I got lucky and found almost all the parts and accessories new in the box/bag and just a couple slightly used (KAC forward grip and one of the rail covers). Used an Aimpoint PRO for the red dot but used the correct QRP mount and spacer and the early style adjustment and battery covers with the rubber retainer. Great shooting rifle.

No idea why I can't make it bigger but you can click on it to be larger.

IMG_0685.jpg
    Last edited by Guntoter; 09-08-19 at 22:22.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

AR Picture Thread

Update on mine:

(Also seen in the picture is my new Gladiator Workbench and Yost Versavise)

Swapped SureFire M600DF with DS00 tailcap to a Modlight PLH-18350 with a UE tailcap. Also modified the SR07 dual switch to fit in a Cloud Defensive LCS for a Streamlight. Lighter, with same lumens output and twice the candela (throw).

Swapped the Aimpoint CompM4 on LaRue LT659 to a T-2 on a Geissele Super Precision lower 1/3 co-witness Mount. Also added a ARD killflash front flipcap, Knight’s spare battery cap, and Forward Control Designs ATA turrets.

Swapped the Viking Tactics upgraded padded sling with BCM QDs to an original VTAC with Midwest Industries QDs (the slim & lightweight, non “Heavy Duty” ones). Once I’m happy with the set length, I’ll remove all the buckles, and have the QDs sowed on and the excess trimmed off.

Added a Boonie Packer Redi-catch for easier bolt lock backs.

Added RailScale dragon G10 scales. Expensive, but this rail gets hot quick.

Will probably trade out the mil-spec bolt for a LMT enhanced once they come back in stock.

Gonna hold off on the LawTactical folding adapter for now, as I found a covert bag that will hold it with the stock collapsed.

Considering changing out the furniture to Magpul SL-S stock and Maid grip, and trading the SD-E trigger for an SSA-E. Also once funds allow, considering adding an Aimpoint 3XMag-1.

Still waiting for KAC E3 Mod2 CQB Mlok uppers to become available again.

Will add either a SureFire or KAC can when funds allow.

Last edited by CESwartz07; 09-12-19 at 13:05.

Feedback Score
    Pic thread

Page 3113 of 3297 FirstFirst ... 2113261330133063310331113112311331143115312331633213 ... LastLast