Page 3214 of 3297 FirstFirst ... 221427143114316432043212321332143215321632243264 ... LastLast
Results 32,131 to 32,140 of 32961

Thread: AR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Looks like my mother in law's "paparazzi"camera!

Dare I ask which cost more, the AR or the lens in your camera?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure, it's not even close.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Looks like my mother in law's "paparazzi"camera!

Dare I ask which cost more, the AR or the lens in your camera?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Stickman can obviously speak for himself, but having been a serious amateur photographer for over 50 years, and my wife of 42 years has been likewise, I can tell you that good quality lenses (Nikon in my case--I see Stickman is a Canon user--same thing in terms of cost) are more expensive than most of my firearms. We have been transitioning to mirrorless camers (Nikon Z7) and mirrorless lenses. Each time I buy one for the wife, I make sure she knows that lens is equal to five (5) Glocks or whatever I am buying at the time. Her camera equipment is worth three times what I have invested in firearms (and I have "several"). Heck, a RRS tripod and ball mount costs more than most upper tier AR rifles.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingtheHistoryM1 View Post
    Perhaps you could try to lighten up the optic and rear sight by using a T-1, T-2, or similar optic, and investing in a KAC flip-up rear sight or a Griffin Armament rear sight.
    Thanks! Tried a micro but it doesn't look right I have so few FSP guns I feel like they need full time rear irons. I am considering a Tan EOTech though which is sorta SOPMOD 2ish and fits the blocky FSP and BUIS look. Dunno. I'm worrying about this way too much

Thanks again!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Labor day at the range. My DDM4V11 and my Sig P320. 25 yards with the DD some rested, some standing. 12 and 7 yards with the P320.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    Stickman can obviously speak for himself, but having been a serious amateur photographer for over 50 years, and my wife of 42 years has been likewise, I can tell you that good quality lenses (Nikon in my case--I see Stickman is a Canon user--same thing in terms of cost) are more expensive than most of my firearms. We have been transitioning to mirrorless camers (Nikon Z7) and mirrorless lenses. Each time I buy one for the wife, I make sure she knows that lens is equal to five (5) Glocks or whatever I am buying at the time. Her camera equipment is worth three times what I have invested in firearms (and I have "several"). Heck, a RRS tripod and ball mount costs more than most upper tier AR rifles.
    Yeah, its not a cheap game if someone wants to shoot as an advanced amateur or pro. If someone wants to have fun, look up how much a Canon 600 4.0L lens costs, and then think of what sort of gun gear you could buy for that price...

ETA a pic..

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Yeah, its not a cheap game if someone wants to shoot as an advanced amateur or pro. If someone wants to have fun, look up how much a Canon 600 4.0L lens costs, and then think of what sort of gun gear you could buy for that price...

ETA a pic..

20 round mags are to ARs what 40 round mags are to AKSUs, in the sense that the addition of a 20 round mag can make any AR instantly beautiful.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

ETA a pic..

I just did. At B&H Photo (where I do a lot of photography shopping) the Canon 600mm 4.0L lens is merely $12,999. The equivalent Nikon is only slightly less at $12,299. You can buy a lot of rifle for those prices.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    While I would be getting (not) the Nikon version... at least I could tell my wife that it costs more than ANY MG I ever bought*!

*all were bought between 15 and 20 years ago

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    [QUOTE=kyjd75;2977492]I just did. At B&H Photo (where I do a lot of photography shopping) the Canon 600mm 4.0L lens is merely $12,999.

That is why I do trades on photography work at times, and why "waiving" fees can be a great business move in some cases.

Stick

Page 3214 of 3297 FirstFirst ... 221427143114316432043212321332143215321632243264 ... LastLast