Page 52 of 3297 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354621021525521052 ... LastLast

Thread: AR Picture Thread

Feedback Score

.50 Beowulf

Not all mine... had a "get-together" at USMC's ranch

Feedback Score

my meager offerings...

Here are my 2 AR's in their present states:
    The registered/engraved SBR is my 10.3" CMMG/VLTOR/Adams Arms concoction.
    It has a 10.3" 1/7 HBAR with an Adams Arms (http://www.adamsarms.net)
    Short Stroke Piston Gas System, a POF Front Sight (Larue/Troy sight in the mail), Surefire Comp, MI Rail (my DD Omega 7.0 is on the way), CMMG M16 BCU, H-buffer, Surefire Scout, TD Vert Grip in FDE, Magpul FDE Ladder Rail Covers, DD Sling Loop, Mega Gator Lower w/ DPMS LPK and KNS Anti-Spin, Magpul MIAD in FDE, Magpul PreProd UBR in FDE, VLTOR MUR-1A Upper, LARUE BUIS, Larue Irondot.

It is a real tack-driver, dead accurate, and almost no recoil. Plus it is sexy as hell!
    Close up of Gas Block:

Here she is with her big sis:

Big sister is a CMMG MedCon Stainless 16" Mid with a VLTOR FS, Troy MRF, Mega Gator Lower, Direct Impingement Gas System, VLTOR MUR-1A Upper, TD Grip in OD, TD Stubby Vert Grip in OD, Magpul OD Ladder Rail Covers, Magpul CTR-M on a BCUSA Buffer Tube, DPMS LPK, VLTOR Backplate/Sling Mount, Matech BUIS, Trijicon TA-01NSN with Killflash on a Larue DOSX4 mount, topped with a Streamlight TLR-1 on a GG&G offset with remote tape. Also sexy.....

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Very nice. I have not heard of Adams Arms Retrofit Piston Driven Systems. Can you tell us some more about the system and how it is working for you?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Adams Arms is in Palm Harbor/Dunedin FLA (Gulf Coast near Tampa), they are new, but their design is solid and functions FLAWLESSLY. I put 250 rnds through it at McKeller's Lodge on Ft. Bragg yesterday, and all I can say is DAMN! I can officially state that direct impingement is DEAD! After 250 rounds all I had to do is boresnake the barrel and wipe the comp down and bang you have a clean rifle. Running cleaner is only one of the benefits, talk about a reduction in recoil, no more "gas-in-the-eye" from gas bleed-off. All the gas is bled-off at the gasblock. Allows for a nice tight sight picture. The piston/Surefire Comp combo is the sh*t, I was double-tapping in solid 1" groups at 75" yds with my Larue IronDot. This little gun is the ultimate CQB gun now. I never have to worry about the dreaded failure to cycle common in SBR's.
    The system from Adam's Arms is well worth the $499.00, it requires no permanent modification to the rifle and works out of the box with a whole slew of rail systems from MI to ARMS. Lifetime warranty, and Jason is always there to help. Jim, his PR guys is also fantastic. I have seen the LWRC, Bushmaster and HK-416 gas system, I can honestly say that Adams Arms is head and shoulders above them, especially LWRC, having to use their ugly, clumsy rail system would make me yack. Give them a call or go to www.adamsarms.net.

BTW my Gas Block is SN# GB-0001A, the very 1st production system, it also has my name laser engraved on the gas block. My block is also the master off the CNC machine, so technically my Gas block is worth $80,000+

The weirdest part of this is that I grew up a mile from the main offices of Adams Arms and my little sister went to school at the same time as the owner. I live in Central NC, what is the odds that i would end up with a gas system from a company located in a tiny town like Palm Harbor FLA? Too ironic.

ETA: Pixxor thread:

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    thanks for the info. I called them today. Sounds like some good stuff. I am waiting to see if it will fit under a LaRue rail, they are going to try it out. PM sent
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    gorgeous rifles everybody!

my humble RRA submission

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by exitinyourhead View Post
    gorgeous rifles everybody!

my humble RRA submission

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7596/gunsmm1.jpg
    Nice, but your LaRue BUIS is on backwards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by molsen View Post
    Nice, but your LaRue BUIS is on backwards.
    It sure is......

Feedback Score
    learn something every day! just put it on yesterday... would probably have made sighting it in a real chore. Thanks ya'll!

Page 52 of 3297 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354621021525521052 ... LastLast