Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHTF Auxillary Training Meet (under construction)

Feedback Score

SHTF Auxillary Training Meet (under construction)

It had been discussed previously about holding a training seminar in the area that focused on SHTF scenarios, survival instruction, and first aid. As of now the ball is in motion and curriculum is being set. The location will be a 200+ acre spread the is currently a shooting facility under development in southeastern/central Ohio. Anyone that would be interested in helping to orchestrate this feel free to contact me. I have limited experience in managing something of this magnitude....The date is to be set at a later time but we would like to execute it late summer of 2011.

Feedback Score
    For the first aid medical side i would suggest contacting the EMS department at Hocking College in Nelsonville. Hocking College has a full EMS education department with a paramedic program and many of the instructors probably know a few things about wilderness first aid.
    I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rsgard View Post
    For the first aid medical side i would suggest contacting the EMS department at Hocking College in Nelsonville. Hocking College has a full EMS education department with a paramedic program and many of the instructors probably know a few things about wilderness first aid.
    Absolutely. I was a certified Advanced Combat Lifesaver but I'm expired so I know enough to create my curriculum but I'm going to contact the local paramedics to teach the course. Thanks for the input!

Feedback Score
    Im a paramedic and i think it would be a blast to help out, but i could not lead any instruction because im not cert'd to teach anything.

There is guy i work with thats full on wilderness survival, he also a paramedic, and i believe he is qualified to teach several subjects. He comes off kinda wierd because hes all into military stuff but never served, its more that hes proud of his son who a sniper in the army.
    I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

Feedback Score
    I could use a skilled survival guy. Someone that could teach a few classes with fluency would be a wonderful asset. As for helping out, it will be held in the vicinity of Zanesville. Is that too far for you to travel?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Let me know if I can help.

C4

Feedback Score
    I live in Lancaster so 30 to 40 minutes for me. Ill ask the guy i work with about it. He teaches climbing at a boy scout camp thru the beginning and middle of summer.

Feedback Score
    Will do. I am working on the skeleton plan as we speak. Once I get a strong outline I will get with you to see what we can work out. You would obviously be a huge asset to us.! Thanks

Feedback Score
    I am correct in assuming this is a multi-day event? and what size class r you looking for?
    Last edited by rsgard; 10-11-10 at 20:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rsgard View Post
    I am correct in assuming this is a multi-day event? and what size class r you looking for?
    It is going to be multi day and the class sizes are to be determined bc of the multitude of stations that will be on a rotating docket. There will be a set amount of time that each class will use and upon the end of the time block students rotate and the instructors start over...like I said it is still under construction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast