Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belts?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzoid View Post
    The Ares Gear Ranger belts look nice but 80 bucks and 6-8 weeks seems a little extreme for a web belt and Cobra buckle.
    That's what I'm thinking, but your talking to a guy who waited 14months and 14days for a SA PRO haha
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    For an every day wear belt i.e.: hold your pants up and your pistol and mags, I like The Wilderness Instructor Belt:
    http://www.thewilderness.com/storepi...309&parent=142
    Be sure to size the belt as instructed on the website, and size with your pistol on.

For a load bearing belt or inner belt for a Molle/Pals sleeve/overbelt I like the Specter 2" Duty Belts.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    F2S thanks, have you tried their Titanium instructor belts?
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like a discreet appearance, and prefer a standard looking leather belt. I've been wearing the Filson 1-1/2" double thick belt for a few years, and my original one still looks new. Excellent belt.

http://www.filson.com/products/1-1-2...taProduct=1011

When I don't mind the riggers belt look, Wilderness is GTG.
    Last edited by ST911; 10-10-10 at 19:49.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Been wearing a CSM TSA belt for a while. No complaints; it holds up well, carries a gun and gear easily, little to no wait time, and is modestly priced.
    A little obvious, though.
    http://www.csmgear.com/cgi-bin/imcar...since=&status=
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ak44 View Post
    F2S thanks, have you tried their Titanium instructor belts?
    Not F2S, but I've had one of those for 4 years and it works like advertised. Titanium buckle is very subdued and I like the look a lot.

My only issue with Wilderness is loss of "real estate" due to to fold-over design - can't carry much of anything on velcro side. That's the primary reason I prefer Ares. I do carry a lot of stuff on my belt - cellphone, pager, small fixed blade, spare mag and holster, all positioned between 9 pm and 4 pm out front.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    YVK thanks for the input, this is just a regular belt I'll be wearing to hold my pants up. If I'm not carrying, I don't put anything on my belt. I keep everything in my pockets.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    +1 for wilderness

i've worn the same wilderness 5 stitch belt almost every single day for the last 3 years or so, and it's still completely serviceable.

it's my;
    gun belt
    work belt
    combat utility uniform belt
    and everything other than dress belt
    USMC 0351

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ak44 View Post
    YVK thanks for the input, this is just a regular belt I'll be wearing to hold my pants up. If I'm not carrying, I don't put anything on my belt. I keep everything in my pockets.
    It is a great belt then. I like an ability to adjust it vs. regular leather or synthetic belts with fixed holes, it holds up well to wear, the support is great and Ti buckle is so neutral - it goes well with khaki, denim etc.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wilderness Tactical
    A&G Custom Gun Leather
    The Beltman
    TT Gun Leather

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast