Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just wanted to say thanks....

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Just wanted to say thanks....

I am currently at a S&W Urban Rifle class that is being held at a large Metro PD's range. One of their senior instructors told me today that "who ever trained me on the AR, did a very good job."

So I thought I would say thank you too the two instructors that have taught me the most.

Pat Rogers and Larry Vickers.

Keep up the good work gentlemen.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 07-18-07 at 20:25.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I am currently at a S&W Urban Rifle class that is being held at a large Metro PD's range. One of their senior instructors told me today that "who ever trained me on the AR, did a very good job."

So I thought I would say thank you to the two instructors that have taught me the most.

Pat Rogers and Larry Vickers.

Keep up the good work gentlemen.

C4
    I knew that when Pat and Larry "trained" you to clean their ARs it would pay off one day!

j/k
    Last edited by M4arc; 07-18-07 at 17:39.

Feedback Score
    Thank you Grant- i appreciate that.

M4arc- in reality Mike Hueser cleans my carbine about once a year, or when it gets too dirty to handle. That is a good thing, because i sure don't clean it...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    I knew that when Pat and Larry "trained" you to clean their ARs it would pay off one day!

j/k

Good one.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers View Post
    Thank you Grant- i appreciate that.

M4arc- in reality Mike Hueser cleans my carbine about once a year, or when it gets too dirty to handle. That is a good thing, because i sure don't clean it...

You are welcome Sir.

C4

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Being a Good Trinitarian...

Pat and Mr. Vickers taught you how to run a carbine. May I suggest a class with Dean Caputo to learn what makes it run to complete the learning experience? I suspect even you would walk away having learned a thing or two from Dean.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    Pat and Mr. Vickers taught you how to run a carbine. May I suggest a class with Dean Caputo to learn what makes it run to complete the learning experience? I suspect even you would walk away having learned a thing or two from Dean.

A class with Dean is on my list.

C4

Feedback Score
    I would strongly suggest that people take Deans class. The amount of information passed on is staggering. Sacred cows are slain. Myths debunked, and ways to keep the gun running abound.
    It certainly make my life easier when an agency/ group hits Dean's class on the way to mine.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Does anyone know how far Dean travels, or what his schedule is or how to contact him?

We have developed a bit of a grouping of black rifle shooters with our matches down here and I'd love to get him down our way, or at the very least travel to one of his classes if he's ever in Florida.

Feedback Score
    Dean has a full time job as a Detective Sgt and part time one as a Colt Armorer Instructor, so his classes are limited.
    In general i try to hook him into those classes on my sched for admin issues.
    He requires an A/V capable classroom and a minimum # of students.

deancaputo@hotmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast