Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Howe/CSAT shooting DVD's coming soon!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Paul Howe/CSAT shooting DVD's coming soon!

Just spotted this on Paul's monthly (Oct) newsletter:

CSAT Shooting DVD’s:

The DVD’s are being edited as we speak. After filming for three days, I have decided never to become an actor. The film crew was great and professional, but I have limited brain cells for reciting lines and then shooting on demand. Most of the shooting went smoothly, but a couple of times I had to do a retake as I was not satisfied with my time or shots. Also, I slowed a couple of times on the standard time as I was trying to avoid throwing a round into a $20k video camera… All cameras did survive intact.

TRAINING:
    Shooting DVD’s to be out shortly…

I will definitely be adding Paul's dvd's to my collection.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Neat! Thanks for the heads up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very cool...can't wait!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm also really looking forward to these. I have a little one less than 2 months out, so my chances of heading back up to CSAT for an instructor course in the next year is basically zero (I had so wanted to attend this spring). These DVDs will probably have to fill in until I can get the time away I need.

It will be an interesting compare and contrast these to the MagPul videos.

NCPatrolAR - since you are a Vickers endorsed instructor, I'm wondering how different training philosophies between MSG Howe and Larry Vickers are? I have yet to take a Vickers class, but I would assume that given their backgrounds they would be fairly similar?
    Last edited by Cobra66; 10-12-10 at 01:27.
    “The ruling class doesn’t care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake.” – former U.S. Sen. Malcolm Wallop (R-Wy.)

Feedback Score
    Thanks nickdrak.
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra66 View Post

NCPatrolAR - since you are a Vickers endorsed instructor, I'm wondering how different training philosophies between MSG Howe and Larry Vickers are? I have yet to take a Vickers class, but I would assume that given their backgrounds they would be fairly similar?
    I've been fortunate to train with both instructors though I have a great deal more time with LAV as opposed to Paul. Both instructors are extremely similar in their goals and what they teach. In my experience each one wants to take you to the same place; they are just using different tools (aka drills and methods) to get you there.

If that didn't answer your question let me know. I just got back in town from a trip to HSGI's shop and am a little tired

Feedback Score
    Do want

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Paul's books are awesome. These video's look to be at the same level.

Feedback Score
    Hi All - our website should be live shortly. It's going through the last of the testing by our team. Once it's live, you'll have the choice of either buying DVDs or subscribing monthly (or yearly) and watch streaming videos right from our website.

I'm confident you'll like the first two videos with Paul and more will be following with him.
    Fernando Coelho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast