Thread: First Bow Kill === First Deer

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

First Bow Kill === First Deer

I have never killed a deer with a bow. I have been scouting this area since end of last December so I know alot about the travel. Been using each time in the stand as a learning experience.

I can't even recall where the first shot was placed. I was so blown away I didnt spend enough time looking him over once he was down to see where it may have connected at. I know I hit him quartering toward me someplace and he dropped.... Tried to turn and I sent the 2nd one through his back and punched a hole in the middle if his chest. It's very brushy and my Adrenalin was pumping and I had a small hole in trees to thread. I'm proud of the 2.5 year old 5 point as I popped my cherry and hopefully remember more of the next exciting event

115 or 120 lb deer. Not small but not big but in freezer

Damaged heads

He has bigger brothers so my doe will get bred enough.

I wanted a doe this morning but I like the spot I got and didn't expect him.
    Brian Goode
    NC Knifemaker
    http://www.bgoodeknives.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good for you!! Great deer. Any deer with a bow is a feat. Nice shot also, quartering towards you shots are the riskiest in regards to shot placement with a bow but hey it worked for you!

Congrats!!