Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Draco as an SBR?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    The article in SAR stated that it was a good platform to do so. But, they did have to work it over a little.

There was mention of issues with the FCG. They sent their gun out to Red Jacket to be professionally worked over.
    I was able to find a copy of Small Arms Review at the local Books a Million yesterday and read the article you mentioned on the Draco SBR conversion.

They did indeed mention issues with the FCG and that Red Jacket Arms replaced it with a Tapco G2 setup. That seems like a fairly simple and inexpensive way to insure reliablity. They also mentioned having to "fit" the saftey. I couldn't tell if this was due to the new FCG or because the original unit was out of spec. But seems like another fairly easy fix.

I might give one of these little pistols a shot (pardon the pun). If it'll run well, I'll SBR it.

Thanks for all the info!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    It was my understanding that the selector lever was out of spec so they had to do some work to it even after adding the new FCG.

Quote Originally Posted by RD62 View Post
    I was able to find a copy of Small Arms Review at the local Books a Million yesterday and read the article you mentioned on the Draco SBR conversion.

They did indeed mention issues with the FCG and that Red Jacket Arms replaced it with a Tapco G2 setup. That seems like a fairly simple and inexpensive way to insure reliablity. They also mentioned having to "fit" the saftey. I couldn't tell if this was due to the new FCG or because the original unit was out of spec. But seems like another fairly easy fix.

I might give one of these little pistols a shot (pardon the pun). If it'll run well, I'll SBR it.

Thanks for all the info!

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocLab View Post
    Looking at the pics again, why would an agency in Romania choose to run without a folding stock and a just a forward grip?

The reason that I ask that some states SBRs are a no go but there are ways to do AOWs.

I have never been a fan of AK or AR pistols, but how much better or to what degree does having the forward grip on a pistol AK increase its effectiveness, if any on a rifle caliber type weapon.

Ignorance.

The level of weapons handling skills and knowledge is even lower overseas than it is here.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    They actually covered this in SAR this month. I think they went with an ACE folding stock.
    You're right.

OP buy this months Small Arms Review. PM me if you can not find it I will mail you mine if you cover shipping.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Hope I'm not changing gear here too much, but I was curious if anyone has an inkling about how much longer we might see the Draco available. I've noticed as of late they aren't coming with cleaning rods and I wondered if that is an indicator that other parts for it are drying up as well. I've been kind of interested in one now that prices for them are reasonable, but have been holding off since I'm not sure if I want one for a sbr project. I just don't want to hold off and them have them gone like the AIMR carbines.
    Last edited by SoDak; 10-24-10 at 11:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    They actually covered this in SAR this month. I think they went with an ACE folding stock.
    I would like to read the artical they covered.

what does SARstand for?

thanks .

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Small Arms Review.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Thanks Templar

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    FYI...

My Draco was ordered from Atlantic last week. Once it arrives and I have been able to inspect, fire, etc I'll give my impressions.

If all goes well, I'll have it engraved, add it to my trust, and begin the NFA process on it.

I'm not sure if the one I have coming is one of the "C" models with the underfolder trunnion installed or not (I'll find out once it arrives). If it is it seems the receiver can be modded to accept an underfolder stock without too much difficulty. I had originally intended to mount an ACE side folding stock, but wonder if it has the underfolder trunnion if I should go that route instead. (never used an underfolder).

Anyone wanna make a suggestion on the stock and give their reasoning??

Feedback Score
    Draco's looked well made for a Romanian . Mine has the pistol block. Iam thinking of doing a form #1. Id prefer the underfolder trunnion. Not because of it being the best choice, But its Mil-spec. Iam not sure that the side folder will take the abuse that I put a weapon through. I know the side folder looks nicer and feels better shooting, but when the stock is folded on the Ace Folder there is a 1/2 inch gap between the pad of the stock and the frame of the rifle. This is What Ive seen in several pictures posted in different Forms. Iam still in the research mode.
    Last edited by The Professor; 01-02-11 at 21:22.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast