Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Insoles Do You Use?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    SOLE are light years ahead of Superfeet. The Montrail are too. I did the whole oven heat fitting thing and have decided that just wearing them fits them better than the heat fit.

For all you Green Superfeet guys I loved mine for years, but I would have to take extras with me when working overseas because they would breakdown, peel, separate from the heelcup, etc. and they really do not have much cushion or quality cushion compared with the newer technology. If you have an REI nearby next time go and just handle the SOLE brand and you can instantly see the difference.

"Green" Superfeet also have too much lift under the heel for most footwear and they raise your heel out of the boots heelcup causing you to lose much of your boot's built in lateral heel stability, thus undermining your boot.

Between nothing I'd use the Superfeet, but the SOLE is sooooo much better and the Montrail is better too.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I used to have moderately bad Plantar Fasciitis and that was when wearing the original Superfeet in all my shoes. I tried pretty much all the insoles available at the time and Powersteps turned out to be the only ones that helped and pretty much controlled/cured my problems.

http://www.powersteps.com/

However, when SOLE came out I tried them and they have worked great even with a bit less arch support than the Powersteps. They are also more comfortable with various padding options.

I recently tried a pair of new orange Superfeet and they seem OK as well. On a side note, I have had to wear dress shoes daily now for a year and the Superfeet "Easy-Fit" mens 3/4 drop-in arch support has worked great.

Dennis.

Orange Supefeet

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use custom orthotics. Insurance paid for them.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    I'll check out the SOLEs, but I have never had any of the problems you mention with Green Superfeet, and I have been using them both at home and overseas for years.

Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    SOLE are light years ahead of Superfeet. The Montrail are too. I did the whole oven heat fitting thing and have decided that just wearing them fits them better than the heat fit.

For all you Green Superfeet guys I loved mine for years, but I would have to take extras with me when working overseas because they would breakdown, peel, separate from the heelcup, etc. and they really do not have much cushion or quality cushion compared with the newer technology. If you have an REI nearby next time go and just handle the SOLE brand and you can instantly see the difference.

"Green" Superfeet also have too much lift under the heel for most footwear and they raise your heel out of the boots heelcup causing you to lose much of your boot's built in lateral heel stability, thus undermining your boot.

Between nothing I'd use the Superfeet, but the SOLE is sooooo much better and the Montrail is better too.

Feedback Score
    The SOLES are great. I had frostbite pretty dang bad (Stupid FT Drum), and now my feet constantly sweat. I can't even wear Insulated Gore-tex boots because of this. I found the SOLES to be more comfortable than the Green Superfeet, but less breathable. This means I can't wear them without having nasty wet feet all the time. So the middle of the road was comfortable and drier feet (with Superfeet), than super comfortable but wet feet (with SOLES).

SOS
    With Skill, Knowledge & Determination, YOU WILL PREVAIL!
    Join our Facebook Fan Page for Specials, Updates and Discounts!
    Questions? m4c@skdtac.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    http://www.archcrafters.com/product_show.php?item_num=7

1 year with these so far and holding up great! I own a auto repair shop sp I am on my feet on concrete 11 hours a day but usually wear these average about 14 hours a day 6 days a week. Only complaint is they only fit the shoe you get them for not interchangeable. I don't wear my other shoes other than my new Merrill Moab Mids enought to really need them.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Green Superfeet.

I use them in my Danner Ft. Lewis duty boots for patrol work in the desert. I don't particularly care for the Ft. Lewis but the Superfeet really improve the feel of them.
    Good judgment comes from experience. And experience… well, that comes from poor judgment.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    http://www.yoursole.com/products/footbeds/softec/ultra/

Sole Softec Ultras. I won't buy a pair of shoes if they won't fit in them.

I have Plantar Fasciitis and overpronate.

If you need arch support, my recommendation is to NOT heat the Soles like the instructions say. Wear them straight out of the box, no molding. This is what my vendor recommended to me, and it has been proven out in my own testing. Heat them, and you lose the arch support.
    Last edited by RAM Engineer; 10-15-10 at 16:30.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post

If you need arch support, my recommendation is to NOT heat the Soles like the instructions say. Wear them straight out of the box, no molding. This is what my vendor recommended to me, and it has been proven out in my own testing. Heat them, and you lose the arch support.
    Thanks for the tip. Going to do that today!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I picked up a set of Sole's today.

I threw them in without heating them and will be wearing them today.

Thanks for sharing the info guys.
    Last edited by EzGoingKev; 11-12-10 at 05:39.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast