Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Group shoot near Salt Lake?

Feedback Score

slc shoot

please invite me. still not sure which end the bullet comes out. no really, my gun doesn't run good.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by belayoff View Post
    please invite me. still not sure which end the bullet comes out. no really, my gun doesn't run good.
    Check your private messages.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well I had a really good time. You just never know what might happen when you throw an open invitation out on the interwebs to a group of unknown people but as usual, gun guys are typically good guys, and M4c people are definitely good people.

I tried to keep this as informal as possible and leave it to the shooters to figure out how they wanted to run it and I think it worked out really well. My biggest concern was that we ran things safely and that everybody would gain something from the day. The safety part was excellent (good job guys) and I know I gained a few things from the drills and knowledge base. I want to set this up again but will probably wait for a good day in February to get past the cold months.

The weather turned out to be colder than expected but it wasn't raining or snowing so I had to be thankful for that. Thanks to all who braved it and ran the guns and drills in a safe manner even though traction was limited. A special thanks to Brian G and Zhurdan for helping out with drills, and Reed for taking some photos.

Here are a few snapshots of a good time:

"The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    Looks like a good time was had. Wish I could have made it. Looking forward to the next scheduled event.

Feedback Score
    I missed it? Darn.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Fun day. It was a bit nippy out, but we kept moving around enough so that it wasn't unbearable. Speaks to me a bit about gear. Especially on the lower body. Need to get some better cold weather gear for my legs and feet.

Thanks again Kirk for putting this together. I thought some of the group had a few learning moments and that is always a good thing. I know I did.

Running the FAL, even in the relatively low round count that we did, woke me up a bit and let me know that my weekend outings with the FAL aren't really very realistic. Definitely needs some work there. Getting used to the TR24R is coming along nicely, but the recoil management of the .308 is going to take a while.

It was very nice to meet the folks I've never seen before and great to see Mark and Brent again. Looking forward to a carbine class this May!
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would like to be on the mailing list for any future events.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    I would like to be on the mailing list for any future events.
    Please PM me your email address.

Our next event should be in March.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Let me know for the shoot in March and I will be there.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Gents, I don't want to pollute this thread too much, but just give all interested parties heads up on upcoming Pat Rogers classes (pistol and carbine) in April and May. I decided to mention it here rather than in "Training" as I am not affiliated with neither Pat nor people who are bringing him here. So, I didn't feel at liberty to make formal announcement. I also asked Michael D. to forward this info via email since I don't have everybody's emails. PM me for a contact info for class organizers.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast