Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestion for a Dump Pouch.**Eagle SAS Dump Pouch Reviewed!**

Feedback Score
    Oh yes, I remember..
    I have used a lot of the dump pouches on the market. The originalArtie Ellis was a great one, the copy Recce Gear was to but delivery issues killed that.
    The CSM seems to be a standard for many, but whatever works for you is going to satisfy your needs.
    Until you decide to reconfigure your gear again...

I'm going to have a limited number of the CSM dump pouches for sale at class from now on. It may help people somewhat.

Feedback Score
    The CSM, Recce, and now the model from Bill jeans, are on my kits, and a second CSM on the way.

Rolly polly well...... no thanks.... lost mags and gear from it while moving and shooting and going into different prone postions.

Feedback Score
    Pat
    If you have a minute can you give the difference between the CSM and the TAG dump pouch. I can get the pouch at a great price but I don't mind paying a little more for quality. One thing CSM has going for it is the MC option which TAG does not offer at this time.

Thanks
    Dave

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW, I'm with Pat on this. I once used a borrowed thigh dump pouch (not sure who made it). After a couple of hours of movement drills, I could not wait for the next break so I can get rid of it because it beat the crap out of my thighs.

Go with the recommended CSM or TAG dump pouch.

Good luck!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pat Roger's
    I'm going to have a limited number of the CSM dump pouches for sale at class from now on. It may help people somewhat.
    Oh Sure..... now your gonna have a few for sale......Good timing.....
    I could have skipped the Chinese buffet and got a dump pouch......

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

SAS Dump pouch review

This dump pouch is very nice. It works good as a thigh rig. And I took Pat's Advice and tested it in several positions. It is very nice, thankfully, it has some sort of stiffened material in the rim that keeps the top opening uniform, even during different positions. It works great for me, no complaints at all. I've only had it today though, but if you have read my DBT chest rig review, you know I'll update it as it wears.

Now, for the actual construction of the pouch. It's pretty large, I'd have no difficulty fitting all 7 of my mags into it. The "slit" top opening is lined with velcro and two snaps that are very secure. Upon the need to open, you simply take the "slit" lid grab a tab on it, pull it open, and voila, you have an open slit to insert your mags into. The opening stays securely opened, almost as well as it is securely closed. There is a small patch of velcro on top of the lid, so that when it is "peeled" back to open, this velcro engages a separate patch on the main portion of the top lid. Very nice.

Also, the lid can be fully opened by means of a zipper running all around the top lid, its concealed by an overhang of fabric, so thats a good feature as well. I never use this though, as the "slit" lid is easy enough to reach into that I can recover any mags in it quickly.

At the bottom of the pouch are three large drain holes, all of them securely stitched. The pouch attaches by multiple means, There are a LOT of ways this thing can be attached to a belt, chest rig, whatever, it can fit on it. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure how you could use each of them, its just that daunting. Right now, I'm using two thin fabric, as well as a very hefty support to hang it roughly 4 inches from my belt, this puts it at just the right hight of my (somewhat) high riding 6004.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davemcdonald View Post
    Pat
    If you have a minute can you give the difference between the CSM and the TAG dump pouch. I can get the pouch at a great price but I don't mind paying a little more for quality. One thing CSM has going for it is the MC option which TAG does not offer at this time.

Thanks
    Dave
    Sorry Dave, missed this. CSM was the original (and now USMC issue) and tag is....well, a copy.

I have a bunch of CSM. I don't have any tag. FWIW...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers View Post
    Oh yes, I remember..
    I have used a lot of the dump pouches on the market. The originalArtie Ellis was a great one, the copy Recce Gear was to but delivery issues killed that.
    The CSM seems to be a standard for many, but whatever works for you is going to satisfy your needs.
    Until you decide to reconfigure your gear again...

You could have sold one by lunch time on TD1 in Albion.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, Roger that. I don't like selling things, but as has been pounded into my brain housing group by Mike, it is providing a further service.
    Anyway, CSM pouches in several flavors, CSM Mini Kit bags, hats, shirts and decals......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12