Thread: HK AGL and KAC URX

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

HK AGL and KAC URX

Well this in not exactly in the technical realm - but it is a project of sorts with some techincal issues.

I've used (work) and owned (personally) a few Grenade launchers. The Colt/Diemaco M203/A1 being the majority -- however I was always annoyed with the fact that longer rounds could not be used nor could you use a bipod while one was affixed.

I started playing around with concepts - after down at KAC when they where still in Vero - I saw the URX and KAC's version of the EGLM.

I have no idea where KAC is at the momement on the RISII or EGLM project - but I mave had a URXII for a few years (and a few more URXII/III's now too ) and I have obtained a Hk AGL amongst some other toys.

Interestingly enough the AGL has a bracket for a midlength bayoney lug - and can affix that way (with the URX it is not possible to fit using the RAS bracket and a little bbl nut bridge is needed) -- which loses the FF abiliity anyway.

Fortunately a buddy of mine is a talented machinist and has designed a URX GL adaptor for another GL system (read: Diemaco's gayass M203A1 mount)

The idea to be able to keep the FF with the GL affixed (nothing terribly new since RISII/MDNS required it)

However with the Hk AGL - it is possible to affix a bipod or grip to the frame of the GL not interfering with the GL or the FF ability of the rail etc.

The idea is that one member can have a entry upper, a GP carbine and a DM upper - all on the same lower - use the same GL if nec.

Additionally the use of a BOTB suppressor can provide a very small package.

I hope within the end of Sept to have the three systems in 6.8 with a demo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB
    and a few more URXII/III's now too
    DUDE, what the hell is a URX III?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    a mod to the URXII -- They went back to a URX original idea with the pressue stuf - but put it on the rail not the lower rail piece.

Feedback Score
    Oh ok, I didn't know that particular mod changed the name - thanks.

Feedback Score
    That's plain scary... I've got a shemagh identical to that one.

Anyhow, I had a DD RIS-II mount fabricated for an HK AG-C for a build earlier this week and it went together beautifully. I think you're solution with the URX is a tad more elegant though, not to mention at least a good half pound lighter

IM me your phone number, we need to talk in depth about this stuff
    Save the Pandas!

-Tally Fortenberry
    -Capco Small Arms Research Group