Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LMT MWS...oversized FCG pin holes?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardHatfield View Post
    That is my rifle. I go by Postal0311 on ARFCOM and SnipersHide.

LMT did not say it was normal. They told me to return the rifle to the dealer I bought it from. After talking to them more they accepted to let me send it in my self.

My rifle is currently at LMT for inspection.

LMT has not offered to replace the lower. However I was told that should they feel the need to replace the lower, it will have to be sent to a FFL. They will not send a replacement to me.

OTO27 care to make any other false claims?

As for LMT bad mouthing me. I doubt that LMT would be so unprofessional as to say bad things about a customer. However I could care less if they did, as I have been bad mouthing them by telling people my history of problems with their products. Excessive suppressed POI shift (10 MOA) on a 10.5 inch upper, finish flaking off on a lower, among other lesser issues.
    I dont have any reason to make any "false" claims. that is exactly what I was told by them. Was it a bit unprofesional? yes! thats why I never mentioned any names. If you are interested in knowing who I spoke to, jusy PM me and I'll let you know in PM.

I agree with iraqguns, it is nice yo hear your side of the story.

Let us know what they do with your lower, I am curious to see what they do, how they "fix" it.
    Last edited by OTO27; 10-22-10 at 21:36.

Feedback Score
    Well I hate to admit when I'm wrong, but I will when I am.

Got the MWS back from LMT. Turn around time was 8 days from when they received it. An LMT rep states that the FCG holes are in the far end of spec.

Still looks wrong to me, so I did what I should have done to begin with. I took some calipers to the holes in the receiver and the pins.

Older M16 plug gages are .159, newer ones set max at .163. The FCG pin holes on my lower well with in this spec. While it appears to be over sized to my eye, the calipers don't lie. While my calipers do say the hole is out of round, it falls well into acceptable mil-spec.

I don't know why there is movement like that in the LMT MWS trigger pins, however I do now know that it is normal and considered perfectly acceptable in the MWS. I apologize for any undue worry I have caused any MWS owners, and I will be editing and updating my posts on the other forums.

Feedback Score
    Hey dont worry man, thats what these boards are for, to express ones concerns and such. I agree although it may be "within spec" its just not what you would expect out of a $2500 rifle.

I have had my share of head aches with LMT. First my barrel came with a kink on one of the feed ramps, it looked like it was droped and the edge was kinked upwards. Sent it back and received the same barrel only to find out they just dremeled it down, I could have done a better job my self.

Second, The inside of my upper looks like a freaking ribbed condom with all the crazy tool marks, I guess I was the unlucky guy that got the last upper of the day made by a machine that needed a new blade. I called about this and I was told that some tool marks are normal and that the carrier is likely not touching anything in the upper doesnt make sense!! well I let it go since it makes no difference in how the rifle shoots.

third, my carriers inside coating started to fall off, I am still waiting on a return.

I have never been through so many head aches before, some times I wonder if I should have just saved up the extra $ for a KAC.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234