Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ACOG for AR10

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If I'm going with a TA11, which reticle choice would work well?

I'm just concerned with hitting in the Black (man-size silhouette), not winning the match. I'm in this for the training and nothing else.
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas M-4 View Post
    Hmm why would that be a problem just wondering? I have seen a bunch of TA-11 on rifles and they are listed as a MG optic.
    Im just telling you what they told me. But just by looking at a TA648, it just looks like a MGO. They are 36oz, lol. The TA11s MGO designated models are probably a reticle thing with the BDC, but I seriously doubt they were made with MGO in mind like the TA648 was.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lj_1187 View Post
    Im just telling you what they told me. But just by looking at a TA648, it just looks like a MGO. They are 36oz, lol. The TA11s MGO designated models are probably a reticle thing with the BDC, but I seriously doubt they were made with MGO in mind like the TA648 was.
    That's what I don't understand the L129A1 is supposed to be equipped with the 6x Acog but its not a belt fed weapon but used as a DMR?
    Is there something with the BDC that is different?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas M-4 View Post
    That's what I don't understand the L129A1 is supposed to be equipped with the 6x Acog but its not a belt fed weapon but used as a DMR?
    Is there something with the BDC that is different?
    The TA648 was issued with the L129A1 because there were a lot of surplus 648s sitting around unused. According to British sources I have read, if the DM has access to a better optic, the 648 is quickly "binned".
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    The TA648 was issued with the L129A1 because there were a lot of surplus 648s sitting around unused. According to British sources I have read, if the DM has access to a better optic, the 648 is quickly "binned".
    Ahh roger that.

Just manly wondering if there is something different with the BDC.
    Last edited by Thomas M-4; 10-16-10 at 22:22.

Feedback Score
    I'm being drawn closer and closer to the new, unreleased to the GP for now, 1-8 scopes. Just hope people buy them, get sick of them and I can pick one up used.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I concur that the TA648 is a brick, but its still a good 6x optic. I would not want to have to hump it around on top of an already heavy rifle though.

TA55 is like a TA11F with a higher magnification and better light gathering. The scope is very large though. On a 16" rifle it is not aesthetically pleasing. I have one on a M1A EBR build with 22" barrel and am having a project rifle built with the .223 version. On an EBR with the NSG stock and the cantilever riser it looks and works great. I'm primarily shooting M80 and M118LR ammo, but haven't taken it out past 500 yards yet.

TA11HG has my all time favorite reticle
    http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/p...3&categoryID=3

I don't own one yet, but Grant had one in stock a few weeks ago.

I also like the TA11SDO concept, but I don't have any hands on with one yet.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    I also like the TA11SDO concept, but I don't have any hands on with one yet.
    Model #: TA11SDO-CP

Price:$2,448.00

**cough***

**sputter**

24 large! Oh my gawd! No can do!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Street price should be around 1800, but still pretty high. That includes the RMR.

If can you check out a Razor HD 1-4x before buying the TA11, I highly recommend just taking a look. Its a fantastic scope!! The glass is excellent, the turrets are excellent, the reticle choices are excellent. Throw one in a Bobro 30mm mount and your GTG.

That said, I'm still an ACOG and Aimpoint whore as well so I can't fault you for wanting the TA11. Grant had the HG on sale for $850 last week! He sold it fast, I'm hoping he'll get some more in stock.
    Last edited by ryanm; 10-17-10 at 01:54. Reason: Added info and corrected spelling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ryan how does the ta55a perform in 0-75m shots? What kind of groups were you getting out to 500m?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast