Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: B.O.V. pictures (interior and exterior)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

B.O.V. pictures (interior and exterior)

The Bug Out Vehicle tactics thread is very good and contains a lot of useful information. Instead of making it even longer, I'd like to see a thread of pictures of your B.O.V. and how they are purpose fit, both interior and exterior.
    I currently don't have any pictures, but will start with a basic description of what I have and some of the modification that I have made so far.
    My basic B.O.V. is my daily driver. A Dodge Ram 1500. V-6, A/T with the towing package, short bed and standard cab. I have added two sets of driving lights behind the grill which are tied into my hi-beams. I run Michelin All Terrain tires all the way around, including my full size spare. I have mounted a fire extingisher, 3 C cell LED Mag lite and rescue tool to the interior. I have a large area for behind the seat storage. A CB radio with weather channels is also mounted in the cab.
    The bed has a heavy removalbe mat and I've added extra tie down points. I have a small,aluminum tool box mounted behind the cab which stores a surprisingly large amount of gear. It will also carry my secondary B.O.V., a Suzuki DR650 dual sport motorcycle and ramps, along with lots of fuel tanks.
    What are you using?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    This could be an interesting thread.

I just recently ditched my '95 Ford Ranger, that had survived two accidents, and once being rolled into a ditch. She definitely wasn't pretty, but I'm pretty shocked on how well she held up. I got it in '03, and I swore if it made it to '04 I'd be happy. Seven years later, she was just too ugly and too beaten up for a daily driver. The only things I had to replace in seven years were brakes, a clutch, and an alternator (which it turned out I didn't need). I was having intermittent starting problems and assumed the alternator was toast. Turned out to be a $10 relay...

At any rate, about three weeks ago, I picked up an '03 Ranger EDGE with 60k for a song. It's in good enough shape to where I could actually consider turning it into some sort of BOV.

The original Danger Ranger wasn't a supercab, so I had very little hope to fulfill my aspirations.

Since mine is an ongoing project, I'll post some stuff here of what I've done as it progresses.

Off the top of my head, here's what I'd like to store and/or add in the vehicle.

1) Some sort of combination booster-box/charger/air compressor.
    2) I would like to attach 2 5-gal Jerry Cans to the bed.
    3) Headache rack for the rear window.
    4) BFG Mud Terrains
    5) CB Radio
    6) A "bug-out-box" full of the standard items that have become cliche at this point.
    7) A fire-extinguisher.
    8) A vehicle-mounted first aid kit. I'm trying to find some sort of hard plastic case I could mount to the rear panel of the cab.
    9) 2 CRKT ExiTools.
    10) A torque wrench.
    11) A siphon.
    12) Possibly two spares. I had a driver's side double-blowout going 80MPH back in '98 that could have ended a lot uglier than it did...

I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting, but I'll add as I remember some of the things as they come to me.

I can't remember where I saw it, but a dude had rigged up a dashboard/console mounted holster; I want to say it was for a Springfield XD, and if memory serves me, he installed it in such a way that the pistol was accessible whilst driving, not too far from the Climate Controls/Radio. It was a pretty amazing little setup. I've tried to find it, but I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it.

The ANA's Ford Rangers are my kind of bugout ride, but I'm pretty sure the belt-fed wouldn't be looked upon highly by fellow motorists.

I'd like to rig together something like a cross between a Technical and an Ambulance, if the stars all magically aligned for me somehow.

One thing that I desperately need to add, that is not currently on the list, is a Big Sky Shotgun Rack. I've been eyeballin' the LE ones, but I'm not sure how exactly the electronic release works.

Currently the only mod I've done is add a MagLite to the A-pillar:

I'll update with some non-cameraphone pics later.

FWIW I *highly* recommend the mounts I'm using to the standard MagLite Mounts; especially if you're going to mount the light to the interior cab. The MagLite mounts are cheap, but they have a propensity for breaking at the worst possible time. As well, they aren't nearly as secure.

They're called QuickFists:
    http://www.endroad.com/page/page/711712.htm

A buddy of mine took this course:

http://www.gryphonsecurity.com/mfpc.htm

I'm not .mil, so I'm SOL, but that's my idea of some bugout vehicle preparation...
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 10-25-10 at 22:50.

Feedback Score
    I'll play . This is my '01 Tundra, it's been my daily driver since I bought it new almost 10 yrs ago. It's equipped with everything one would want for extended travel over just about any terrain it's pointed at. If an EMP event were to occur........my mountain bike would be my back-up . It has been kept simple with all parts readily available anywhere in the states, leaf springs on all 4 corners, low center of gravity, high-clearance under carriage (25"), Military full-float Corporate 14-bolt 1-ton rear axle, Dana 60 1-ton front axle, Atlas manual 4-speed transfer case, F&R air locking differentials, factory Toyota 4.7L V-8 and trans, upgraded cooling system, extended air intake and breather vents, on-board welder, on-board refrigerator/freezer, on-board water, dual batteries, Line-X'd floor pan, dual on-board air sources, 40" tires, bead lock wheels, 9,500# winch, tools, critical spare parts, and on and on and on........and it still averages around 15 MPG at 70 MPH on the interstate with 5.13 gears.

Exterior -

Interior -

Last edited by 01tundra; 10-28-10 at 09:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 01tundra View Post
    I'll play . This is my '01 Tundra, it's been my daily driver since I bought it new almost 10 yrs ago. It's equipped with everything one would want for extended travel over just about any terrain it's pointed at. If an EMP event were to occur........my mountain bike would be my back-up . It has been kept simple with all parts readily available anywhere in the states, leaf springs on all 4 corners, low center of gravity, high-clearance under carriage (25"), Military full-float Corporate 14-bolt 1-ton rear axle, Dana 60 1-ton front axle, Atlas manual 4-speed transfer case, F&R air locking differentials, factory Toyota 4.7L V-8 and trans, upgraded cooling system, extended air intake and breather vents, on-board welder, on-board refrigerator/freezer, on-board water, dual batteries, Line-X'd floor pan, dual on-board air sources, 40" tires, bead lock wheels, 9,500# winch, tools, critical spare parts, and on and on and on........and it still averages around 15 MPG at 70 MPH on the interstate with 5.13 gears.

Exterior -

Interior -

Very nice!
    As required: "I work for ITS Tactical as an editor".

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sick!

Feedback Score
    indeed!!!

im sure many are envious of that rig!!

good goin 01tundra!

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    01Tundra: Give me some dirt on your CB install/config.

That is a battlewagon, for sure.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll play . This is my '01 Tundra, it's been my daily driver since I bought it new almost 10 yrs ago. It's equipped with everything one would want for extended travel over just about any terrain it's pointed at.
    Impressive truck no doubt... for RECREATION. But a true BOV needs to HAUL GEAR and that spare takes up almost your whole bed... You won't be able to BUG OUT with much, or with that many people, as it is right now...

Rmpl
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    It has been kept simple
    I admit, this part made me chuckle a little bit

but sweetride, I hope to get my jeep close to that level sometime after I move

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmplstlskn View Post
    Impressive truck no doubt... for RECREATION. But a true BOV needs to HAUL GEAR and that spare takes up almost your whole bed... You won't be able to BUG OUT with much, or with that many people, as it is right now...

Rmpl

got that right. might be fun on the trails, but i doubt the fridge would do much good if you dont have enough room for food.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast