Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: B.O.V. pictures (interior and exterior)

Feedback Score
    Javadrinker I was not trying to trouble shoot or doubt you and your vehicle. Just that's a lot of weigh in just fuel and $. I've just got vehicles scattered around 2 in Al. 2 in Ga. I do weld with 24 volt, I've got 2 Ready Welders and one of my jeeps is set up with dual AMG batteries and on board air. So I don't doubt that anyone else is not the same.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac5.56 View Post
    That's a beautiful truck Weez. If I was to pick a style of f-150 to restore it would be that! Great ride man.
    thanks, the front end doesn't look like that anymore, my 3 year old daughter was playing in it (motor off) when i was standing right there and we went inside and i looked outside an hour later and it rolled down hill in the back yard and nailed an oak tree dead center between the frame rails. need to find a chrome bezel and i got everything ready so i can weld up a winch bumper. it even took out the radiator but i got to have an excuse to update to an aluminum 3 core. redid all the steering components so it handles better than new.
    here is a pic of the motor i put in it.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    My daily driver, a 09 Double cab, short bed Tacoma. Has a 2.5 inch lift in back and approx the same in rear (added 2 leafs). Averages 19mpg city, about 21 highway. The lights have been replaced: 2 Lightforce 170 HID's and waiting on a 20 inch LED bar.

Space in back for 5 gerry cans (3 fuel, 2 water)
    Under the seats is a few MRE's, some basic tools.
    Behind the seats are some blankets, tools, survival kit.
    (Pics pending)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachboy View Post
    I'd really like to see some of our motor heads speak up in this thread.
    I've still got the 05 Ram 1500 that I had when I started this thread. It's an occasional driver (13 Challenger R/T Classic is my other ride), so I'm inclined to start doing more work to devote it to being a B.O.V.

It'd be good to hear about creative mounting solutions for firearms and other interior modifications. Also a good place for cost saving tips.

NOT TO REPEAT myself, but time to start throwing in some tips, folks, not just lustful pictures.

I'd like to hear good and bad, what we're doing right, where we might go wrong, perhaps preventing re-inventing the wheel? Some of you are experienced off-roaders, some have performance driving experience, etc. let's learn from each other.

Me? Several defensive, convoy and pursuit schools have prepared me for a lot of situations on the pavement but off-road is mostly self taught and deals with mostly sand and water. Not much with mud and zero with rock crawling.

Anyone?
    Send lawyers, guns and money the $#!+ has hit the fan...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Let me throw this out for thought. Does anyone see having a back-up B.O.V. as a part of their tactics? I use to have some 650cc singles dual sports bikes. I've been thinking about getting a couple of smaller DS bikes, in the 250-400 cc range and adding one to the B.O.V. truck. Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Beachboy,

One of the things that I have seen people do wrong time and time again is failing to have the proper support equipment for winching. And most of the ones that have it do not know how to use it. It is painful to watch a guy (or girl) with a decked out rig and a top of the line winch wrap a cable around a bare tree and start cranking away or extend their winch cable with a tow strap. There are a hundred things, that if done incorrectly while winching, will get someone seriously injured or killed.

There is some good (and a ton of bad) info available online about proper techniques. The winch companies have good info on their respective sites, as well as provide training classes. The military also has manuals on winching. Maybe some .mil guys have access?

Hope this is what you are looking for.
    Last edited by TacCommE21; 05-13-13 at 09:30.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Exactly the type of info

Quote Originally Posted by TacCommE21 View Post
    Beachboy,

One of the things that I have seen people do wrong time and time again is failing to have the proper support equipment for winching. And most of the ones that have it do not know how to use it. It is painful to watch a guy (or girl) with a decked out rig and a top of the line winch wrap a cable around a bare tree and start cranking away or extend their winch cable with a tow strap. There are a hundred things, that if done incorrectly while winching, will get someone seriously injured or killed.

There is some good (and a ton of bad) info available online about proper techniques. The winch companies have good info on their respective sites, as well as provide training classes. The military also has manuals on winching. Maybe some .mil guys have access?

Hope this is what you are looking for.
    Yes, thank you, this is what I'm looking for. To make this a shared knowledge thread, not just "perdy pictures and a me too chorus". Good post on a topic where things fail and possible resources for correction / learning.
    Thanks again.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011