Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M4arc, I blame you... (M&P9)

Feedback Score

M4arc, I blame you... (M&P9)

Okay, several other of you guys are blameworthy as well, but I'm choosing to blame M4arc!

oops... where are those pics?

(back in a minute)
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Ah, here we go...

I'm only so good at dealing with peer pressure, so without further delay, the new purchase:

I put 100 rnds (Winchester White Box) through it, and 2 buds added 50... 150 total, all on the 1st outing. No failures or problems of any kind.

I wasn't too impressed with the trigger when dry firing it at home, but it really does work pretty well in practice.

Size comparison with an ol' reliable:

From the first shot, I was hitting pretty well with this pistol. My friends (and a stranger I chatted with at the range) were pretty impressed with it as well.

I'll have to do something about those high-beams shining in my eyes while I'm shooting it (aka the white dot rear sight), but overall I'm very impressed.

Thanks guys for the peer pressure / recommendations. I guess I'll have to stop saying "nice Sigma" when I see an M&P now.
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    You could have made a worse choice!
    I shot a pre prototype .45 about 15 months ago, and figured it would be wort a look.
    I now have a 9x19 and a .45, and i'm liking them both. It is doubtful that it would ever replace any of my 1911's, but i can see a strong supplemental use for them.

I have carried the Glock (a G19) and while it does the job, the ergonomics (subjectively) suck. The M&P's don't seem to have this issue (again subjectively).
    I'm looking forward to getting a lot of rounds downrange in both.
    Good luck with yours Dr Mark.

Feedback Score
    I blame M4arc as well.

But I did tell you that you would fall. It was only a matter of time.
    They had no right to win. Yet they did, and in doing so they changed the course of a war...even against the greatest of odds, there is something in the human spirit - a magic blend of skill, faith and valor - that can lift men from certain defeat to incredible victory.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    HA!

You can blame me all you want

The simple truth is this; the more I shoot my M&P the more I like it and the less I shoot my Glocks. In fact, I'm thinking of selling off a couple of my Glocks so that I can finance an M&P45!

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys.

Pat - I agree re: the ergonomics of the M&P vice Glock. Maybe the rhyming of Glock and block affected Gaston's subconscious...

dport - You were right. I've been fondling M&Ps for a while, and knew I couldn't remain a virgin much longer.

M4arc - I understand your Glock point. My Glock 17 is great; I hit well with it and it's dead nuts reliable, including half of a 3-day 10-8 class. From the first shots, however, I was doing as well (subjectively) with the M&P as with the the G17.

I got this M&P9 at the last Richmond gun show, which I attended with my brother. He was this (holds finger quarter-inch apart) close to getting an M&P45, but finally declined since he had already bought 3 cases of rifle ammo.

Oh, and gotm4 is gonna cost me some money with this link: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=3553 Thanks gotm4, kinda.

Mark
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    M4arc - I understand your Glock point. My Glock 17 is great; I hit well with it and it's dead nuts reliable, including half of a 3-day 10-8 class. From the first shots, however, I was doing as well (subjectively) with the M&P as with the the G17.

Mark
    Mark, that is something I have noticed as well and a reality I have been having to face as of late. I can shoot my Glocks "ok". However, thats after 2+ years of practice. Out of the box I am shooting my M&P's as well, if not a tad better than my Glocks, with hardly any time on them. I cant help but feel that the potential is there for me to be much better with the M&P's than my Glocks.

As for the sights... might I recommend a 10-8 rear sight. They really work well for me.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post

The simple truth is this; the more I shoot my M&P the more I like it and the less I shoot my Glocks. In fact, I'm thinking of selling off a couple of my Glocks so that I can finance an M&P45!
    Whatcha got? I may work out a trade with you. I'm not diggin' my M&P45 as much as I thought I might. I like my Glock 21SF much better.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Whatcha got? I may work out a trade with you. I'm not diggin' my M&P45 as much as I thought I might. I like my Glock 21SF much better.
    What is it you do not like about the MP45, it is on my next to buy list and I am curious.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Bell View Post
    What is it you do not like about the MP45, it is on my next to buy list and I am curious.
    It's just personal preference and I shoot the G21SF much better. But that's the opposite in 9mm where I shoot the M&P9 better than the G17.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast