Thread: CIA Model 650 .357 Mag. Revolver

Feedback Score

CIA Model 650 .357 Mag. Revolver

I just picked up a CIA Model 650 .357 Mag. revolver, can I shoot .38 special, from this gun? The manual doesn't if I can or can't. Any help is much appreciated.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Feedback Score
    you can shoot .38 through a .357 just not the other way around

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by neodecker View Post
    you can shoot .38 through a .357 just not the other way around
    So I'm good to go with shooting some .38 through the .357? Sorry for asking again, just don't want a KABOOM in my hands.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Yes, .38 spl. will work in .357. Just beware that there will be a burn ring in each cylinders that you will need to thoroughly clean off any residue build up. When or if you ever decide to shoot .357, you don't want the residue build up in the cylinders (from shooting .38s) to keep the longer .357 cartridges from freely dropping into the cylinders.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't worry about it. Even the hottest .38's aren't in the same neighborhood as a .357 round. If you go .357, you might want to try the lighter 110gr loads. otherwise some stiff .38's (+P,+P+) might be the answer.
    Don't forget to show my head to the people. It's well worth seeing.
    -Georges Danton

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yes, .38 spl. will work in .357. Just beware that there will be a burn ring in each cylinders that you will need to thoroughly clean off any residue build up. When or if you ever decide to shoot .357, you don't want the residue build up in the cylinders (from shooting .38s) to keep the longer .357 cartridges from freely dropping into the cylinders.

Thank you for your help, I'll use the .39spl for just shooting or plinking, but it will be loaded with .357 mag. for defense use.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker5 View Post
    Don't worry about it. Even the hottest .38's aren't in the same neighborhood as a .357 round. If you go .357, you might want to try the lighter 110gr loads. otherwise some stiff .38's (+P,+P+) might be the answer.

I know one thing this gun kicks like mule though with the .357 rounds!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    You're a brave man to shoot .357 in something this small. I'm a sissy, +P is all I can take.