Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M4arc, I blame you... (M&P9)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    As for the sights... might I recommend a 10-8 rear sight. They really work well for me.
    +1 on the 10-8 sights. I love mine.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Whatcha got? I may work out a trade with you. I'm not diggin' my M&P45 as much as I thought I might. I like my Glock 21SF much better.
    G32 or a G17 20th Anniversary

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    As for the sights... might I recommend a 10-8 rear sight. They really work well for me.
    I may get one of those.

For the immediate future, I think I have some black model paint around here.
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    For the immediate future, I think I have some black model paint around here.
    Worked for me!

I had the same impression as you with the stock trigger. During slow dry fire it's kinda uh oh, but when I start doing bang-reload-bang drills it makes one ragged hole, center mass.

I know someone who's quite eager to get their hands on an M&P 45. I saw an ad that Bass Pro will have them in FDE for 599 (I think) this weekend.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think the stock trigger on my M&P9 was 'okay' but it has definitely gotten better with time, rounds & dry firing.

I'm quite happy with my trigger but I would like a little more distinct reset.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    G32 or a G17 20th Anniversary
    I'd trade even up for the G32. I have 4 mags for the M&P45, a 10-8 rear sight and a mild 'gotm4' triggerjob (about 4.5lbs w/shortened reset).
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers View Post
    I have carried the Glock (a G19) and while it does the job, the ergonomics (subjectively) suck. The M&P's don't seem to have this issue (again subjectively).
    You know, I have the hardest time getting across to people this very simple point:

Handguns are intensely personal weapons and no single size/design of handgun is ideally suited for everyone's anatomy.

Just as one size and style of shoe does not fit us all, one size/design of handgun isn't going to be ideal for us either.

...of course in some places when I say that I get a horde of troglodytes insisting that I need to learn how to shoot....

Personally I find my M&P in 9mm to be very easy to shoot well...almost as easy to shoot well as my 1911.

Feedback Score
    Marc, you had better jump on that deal.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12