Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 16" versus 18" for 3 Gun

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Cool we are gettign the same gun. Post pics when you get it. I was told mine should be in any week now.
    Pat
    I emailed them on 13 Oct and they said they said it would 2-3 weeks before the handguards needed would be in..so anytime..

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rak320 View Post
    I emailed them on 13 Oct and they said they said it would 2-3 weeks before the handguards needed would be in..so anytime..
    Yea I have all the parts I need to put it together. Just sitting on my hands waiting.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    If anyone is in Colorado and has access to a 200+ yard range and would like to try out a 16 medium and a 18inch rifle, drop me a line. I have a 16 inch BCM SS410 and a JP 18inch that I'd like to work the dope up on.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quck question is the intermediate length more like a mid length or is it closer to a rifle length gas system?
    Thanks in advance
    Pat
    Closer to rifle that mid.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Closer to rifle that mid.
    Cool so I should have a softer recoil impulse than a midlenght. Would you run a H buffer or a carbine buffer in this gas system? Or something else.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    Cool so I should have a softer recoil impulse than a midlenght. Would you run a H buffer or a carbine buffer in this gas system? Or something else.
    Pat
    I think the idea is to get as much weight out as possible and then use an adjustable gas block to bring the gas up from nothing to where it will cycle the bolt. I have mine set up with the JP low mass carrier (and their bolt) and the low mass rifle length carrier. That is for a rifle length buffer tube/receiver extension. With a good brake on the barrel and the minimum of mass moving back and forth it is like shooting a 22lr kit in an M4. I think the real key to whole thing is the adjustable gas system. IF you use a standard gas block on a midlength and a UBR/carbine buffer tube, I don't know what you'd want to run- probably an H carbine buffer.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I think the idea is to get as much weight out as possible and then use an adjustable gas block to bring the gas up from nothing to where it will cycle the bolt. I have mine set up with the JP low mass carrier (and their bolt) and the low mass rifle length carrier. That is for a rifle length buffer tube/receiver extension. With a good brake on the barrel and the minimum of mass moving back and forth it is like shooting a 22lr kit in an M4. I think the real key to whole thing is the adjustable gas system. IF you use a standard gas block on a midlength and a UBR/carbine buffer tube, I don't know what you'd want to run- probably an H carbine buffer.
    Thanks I have a standard gas block not an adjustable one. In the future I will have to upgrade that. The reason I asked on the buffer is I know that carbine lenght gas systems need heavier buffers but I was not sure what an intermediate and mid lenght gas system needs.

I called Noveske today to have my credit card number on file changed as my card had gotten compromized on line. While I was talking wth the gal there she said they are still waiting on the handguards and barrels and she thought it would be another few weeks still.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 10-29-10 at 21:11.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score

Unhappy

Thanks I have a standard gas block not an adjustable one. In the future I will have to upgrade that. The reason I asked on the buffer is I know that carbine lenght gas systems need heavier buffers but I was not sure what an intermediate and mid lenght gas system needs.

I called Noveske today to have my credit card number on file changed as my card had gotten compromized on line. While I was talking wth the gal there she said they are still waiting on the handguards and barrels and she thought it would be another few weeks still.
    Pat
    That sucks, I'm going to have to wait then.. I'm moving to Ft Bragg in 30 days... Looks like it will be a belated Xmas present..
    " Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, you might meet'em both if you show up here not welcome son.." -Josh Thompson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    If anyone is in Colorado and has access to a 200+ yard range and would like to try out a 16 medium and a 18inch rifle, drop me a line. I have a 16 inch BCM SS410 and a JP 18inch that I'd like to work the dope up on.
    My schedule is nuts, but I do have a private 250yd range you can work on. Drop me an email.
    Kelly H
    Yes, I know. No, I won't tell you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We use the H buffer for a carbine set up.

The carbine buffer is too light for anything in my opinion, I run an H2 in all my AR's but will add the A5 to some soon.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast