Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I consider myself a patient man...but c'mon Magpul. RSA?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I consider myself a patient man...but c'mon Magpul. RSA?

Yes, there is zero constructive purpose to this thread. I stepped away from firearms for a short while, to entertain other hobbies. I return, many months later to find both the RSA and MS3 are still not released.

It boggles my mind that a single piece of static plastic (RSA) and an MS2 with different hardware sewn into it (MS3) take this long to get to the market. Sheesh. I was patient about the ACR, the BAD, and any number of other neato Magpul products, but damn... Really frustrating. I wouldn't really mind the MS3 as the MS2 functions fine for me, EXCEPT a feature of the sling is not usable (2pt functionality) until the damn RSA comes out (or I buy a stop gap band aid in the mean time). I like the MS2 a lot but trekking around Arizona mountains having the rifle in hand the whole time
    is a bit aggrevating and pushes me to use a sling that I wouldn't otherwise.

I suppose I just wanted to vent. I am glad to see they finally got MOE handguards in mid length out to the masses, as well as the AFG2 to be used with proper rail covers...how about the rest of the little stuff now. Before we know it SHOT will be upon us and there will be a whole slew of NEW things to look forward to for a year+.
    Last edited by RadioActivity; 10-22-10 at 23:21.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    things take time, id rather they take their time develop their products Espically when some people depend if not all of us our lives on them. Theres alot of companies who rush out their products with out proper testing and research. Magpul is known for their outstanding products and im sure they would like to keep it that way. One bad product can turn alot of people away from the company.
    Last edited by devildogljb; 10-23-10 at 02:55.
    DEATH SMILES AT US ALL, ALL WE CAN DO IS SMILE BACK

Feedback Score
    The RSA I handled at Shot and as per the 2010 catalog are steel vs. plastic and you can pre-order them now through Brownells due in late November as per their website.
    I haven't heard about the updated sling. Perhaps they offer them to the guys out forward first.
    I'm fairly certain most of us would be slightly irritated if, for example, a BAD failed while firing up some bad actors. I'm for thoroughly wringing out the gear and combat testing it prior to acquiring it for myself.
    Nevertheless, patience is not my forte and I would like one of the updated slings myself.
    Last edited by ronbo603; 10-23-10 at 03:42.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Unfortunately waiting is the name of the game with new Magpul parts but as previously mentioned they are worth the wait. Here is another option if you can find one.
    http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/DD-7300.aspx

Its a rail sling attachment made by Daniel Defense. I bought mine from DSG about a year and a half ago. As per the usual being from DD it is well made and robust. I checked on their website and I don't see it offered and it is back ordered @ DSG as of now. Might want to give the manufacturer a call and see if its been discontinued. Here are some crappy cell phone pics of mine.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    You can pre-order them from Brownells now, with shipping expected mid to late November.

Sorry, ronbo603 did not notice this in your post.
    Last edited by UDT; 10-23-10 at 09:31.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I used one most of last weekend, they're damn nice. I didn't think I'd see the value in one, but I gotta say, very nice. The MS3 sling is really slick as well.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Titleist,

What are the main changes done to improve upon the MS2? Thicker material less prone to twisting and fraying? Hardware changes? Thanks,

-Jax

-Ryan Job

"Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Mostly hardware changes. The snapshackle is gone, and the lock jaw has been made to be MUCH easier to use, it's now very fast.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm glad to hear that the unicorn farm is still cranking out the small numbers.

Any substantive changes from the CAD renderings from Shot09 or the existing PTS models that you noticed?
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I gotcha and thanks for the heads up! I really wish Magpul would come out with a padded version. That thing likes to dig after a couple of hours.

-Jax

Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Mostly hardware changes. The snapshackle is gone, and the lock jaw has been made to be MUCH easier to use, it's now very fast.
    Last edited by jaxman7; 10-23-10 at 10:58.

-Ryan Job

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast