Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Accuracy Question for guys like Molon ONLY!!

Feedback Score
    Ok....I put my RRA rifle together with my brand new 20"SDM White Oak Armament barrel and DD rail last week. It's topped with my 6x- 24X Bushnell 4200 scope.

Here's the first 5 handload results; The two 5 shot 100 yard groups on the left are the most promising. Target #2 is a 5/8" group using Hornady 68bthp with RL15. Target #4 is a 7/8" group with Hornady 75BTHP and H4895. I was a bit baffled about the vertical grouping on that lower left group. If I can eliminate that vertical effect, man would that be one tight group! After firing 5 rounds out of the magazine and getting that crappy group as seen in target #1....I took no chances and fed all subsequent rounds directly into the chamber by hand.

Both loads in targets #2 and #4 were at max, and I intend to return to the range with these two loads being lowered about 2/10ths and 3/10s grains of powder respectively. If I can maintain the same 5/8" groups as seen in target #2, or shrink target #4 down to 5/8" too, then I will be very pleased indeed with this new 1-7 WOA barrel. If I can't repeat it, then it will be much of the same inconsistant horse crap as I experienced with my factory 1-8 RRA barrel (and then I'll know the problem is with my shooting). However, just the fact that the bullet holes are clustering and touching in these two groups (especially in group #2) is encouraging. I'll let you know the range results in another week or two.

Last edited by VaniB; 01-24-11 at 16:11.

Feedback Score
    Nice shooting man! Keep practicing. You'll stumble across the right load & it will all come together. Although I think that more time behind the wheel is what's gonna be the biggest factor to shooting bugholes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123