PSL 58 cu luneta

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Two EMC's and an EMR:

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Edmond;
    RSC 1917
    [/QUOTE]

What kind of groups do you get with that Precision Semi-auto rig Edmond?

Last edited by DTHN2LGS; 12-02-10 at 19:24.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Two EMC's and an EMR:

I'm a sucker for long barreled KAC .308's...that said the 20" EMR is looking mighty redundant right about now in the face of the 16" EMC. Kinda like a SDMR vs. Recce.

I would be shooting your badass EMC prone...soon or later somebody is gonna dedicate their EMC to pursuing a true precision based .308 recce. This would include running a SD-E/DMR, in your case a SB pmII 3-12x..my case a nxs 2.5-10x, UBR and I would include a secondary T-1. The barrel is capable of pumping out the accuracy needed, everybody just wants to run it like a carbine so far though.

When I can finally grab the MWS w. 20" Rock SS .260rem after shot show, I would eventually like to grab the 16" Rock SS .308 and do exactly what I listed above.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    I'm a sucker for long barreled KAC .308's...that said the 20" EMR is looking mighty redundant right about now in the face of the 16" EMC. Kinda like a SDMR vs. Recce.

I would be shooting your badass EMC prone...soon or later somebody is gonna dedicate their EMC to pursuing a true precision based .308 recce. This would include running a SD-E/DMR, in your case a SB pmII 3-12x..my case a nxs 2.5-10x, UBR and I would include a secondary T-1. The barrel is capable of pumping out the accuracy needed, everybody just wants to run it like a carbine so far though.

When I can finally grab the MWS w. 20" Rock SS .260rem after shot show, I would eventually like to grab the 16" Rock SS .308 and do exactly what I listed above.

His EMC has a Leupold with Horus reticle, and offset T1. His EMR has the 4-16 SB PMII with Horus. Mine has the Short-Dot.

That said if I was going to go a precision 308 I would get a LaRue since it has the built in 20MOA rail. One thing we have figured out is its extremely hard to get the full elevation adjustment out of scopes without having at least 30MOA of cant between the scope and gun. His 4-16 bottoms out about half way, and on my Mk12 build I get 13 mils out of 22 since we are both running 0 cant bases and rails. No one makes a QD cantilever mount in with enough MOA in them. Granted 13 mils gets me out to beyond 1k yards in 556 but if I were running a Grendel, 260 or 308 it would barely be enough at 1k. LaRue makes the 10MOA SPR 1.5 type mount but thats only an additional 2.9 mils.

KAC makes this (http://www.operationparts.com/Kac_Kn...mm_p/25284.htm) with 19MOA built in but its not QD, and doesn't offer as much forward cant to put the scope further forward as other mounts.

The other option Im looking at getting the is Sphur mount: http://www.spuhr.com/

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...Number=1981607

A 20MOA mount would give almost 6 more mils in down elevation, and is pretty kick ass. You can attack a rail to the side for a offset T1, laser, ect. Do a google image search....
    Last edited by Belmont31R; 12-02-10 at 22:38.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Oh and regards to the EMC Vs. EMR I think an EMC would be a better choice if you were going to get ONE of them. With that AE M1A ammo I made 20/20 hits at 500 on a 12" plate, and with XM80 was around 50% on a LaRue at 750. 16" 308 can be stretched to 1k but if I was looking for a 1k yard gun it would not be a 308. At the range Ive seen lots of people with various calibers being way more effective at 1k than anyone with a 308 would be regardless of skill. It just has too much wind drift and drop. Where I shoot its almost always windy from 10-25MPH so I can see the effects of wind.

So that kinda leaves the 20" SA swingin in the breeze. For pure precision shooting you can get a 16 or 18" LaRue, and be more accurate than an EMC but with the 20MOA built in it requires a cheek riser of some sort.

Obviously a intermediate 6.5 round would offer a SA in a better LR round than 308. I was actually toying around with building a SR25 based upper in 6.5x47 but it seems people either think Im dumb to do it or dont want to respond back to potential customers. Id just have a bolt gun made how I want but for that Im going to have to save, and just get an AI AW, shoot the 308 barrel out, and then rebarrel it. I think Ive spent my gun budget in advance for the next 2 years already though so I dont see me doing that anytime soon...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That is great info on the LR applications of the EMC/EMR. The problem w. the Larue that has the 20 moa built in is that while it is indeed very much appropriate for those 1000yd distances, its extremely cumbersome and is really ill suited for any application except very LR applications. Like you said, it makes finding a proper buttstock a PITA and I never had a precision gun worth a damn that did not have a great stock that afforded me the proper cheek weld.

Its easy to get caught up in trying to find or build the most extreme precision rig but I always have to step back and remind myself that once you give up the EMC or MWS type gun and go searching for some boutique one application rifle like the Larue for extensive LR purposes you basically give up what makes the AR so special...its modularity, mission specific adaptability, and overall freedom within the platform to achieve numerous applications very effectively.

If I am gonna spend the big cheese on a .308 AR than it better bring significant advantages over a top shelf 5.56 AR. The only two that I believe will do that for me personally is the MWS and EMC.

As for your gun budget.....heck once you grabbed the EMC you basically got 2 years worth of exploring, refining, and eventually fully utilizing it's specific advantages. The EMC has vast potential for other configurations and while 9/10 folks see the biggest potential for it being a true .308 battle rifle or carbine given the softer recoil and lighter weight, I def. see it being much more of a versatile platform and adapted to fill much wider mission demands.

Feedback Score
    Ma/Ten .308 16"RA Ultramatch Barrel,Wilson ttu.

14.5 Noveske 5.56 Afghan

16" wilson/nordic reeshish

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacteam369 View Post
    Wrong forum, this is the Precision Rifle - Semi-Auto Picture Thread.

Last edited by DTHN2LGS; 12-18-10 at 13:23.

Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast