Thread: Need opinion on this dpms upper

Feedback Score

Need opinion on this dpms upper

I am new to the 308 AR world and am looking for opinions on the dpms upper I have posted in the following link. I have had ar-15s for years and I know with the ar-15 platform that dpms is certainly not considered a top tier supplier( even though I have built one that ran perfect). I have normally stuck with lmt, DD, noveske, and similar but I recently got a deal on a complete dpms 308 lower and am looking at uppers to put on it. This sale price seems pretty cheap and I just wanted to get you folks opinion. How are dpms in the 308 variety? I know some guns need tinkering, and I am fine with that. What are your thoughts on this upper. Decent? Turd? Buy it? Run like hell from it?

Thanks in advance for you guys help.

http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/product...=5994&cat=1951

Feedback Score
    I forgot to mention that this will most likely just be a range toy for punching holes in paper. May see occasional use to shoot a deer...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    if its just going to be a paper puncher, and its in the price range you wanna be in, then go for it.

I personally would NEVER buy another dpms product, I find them to be complete crap. But then I dont really consider anything in my safe to be a toy/paperpuncher, as there may come a time when I actually need it. And if god forbid that ever happens, Id prefer to have something I can rely on to work every time.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    I feel like if it fits you budget and your looking for a lower end upper then go for it. It will work fine just dont look to enter any comps with it. Good Luck with your new purchase. Hope it all works out for you

Feedback Score

DPMS 308

I have Colts but wanted a 308 for range and paper punching, wasn't about to spend 2 grand plus for that. So I bought the DPMS LR 308 C and have put almost 2,000 round down the tube and have not had any issues. It's a fun rifle and wont break the budget.