Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22 suppressor

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

.22 suppressor

Now the wait begins. Just ordered my first suppressor. Went the trust route.

Ordered a Gemtech Alpine .22 suppressor yesterday. Can't wait. Anybody else have this suppressor, can you give me the pro's and cons.

Wanted to take small steps first into the NFA world, if everything goes good, thinking about getting another one like the Osprey.

Can't wait. A few months and it shall be here hopefully.
    Last edited by sbui; 10-24-10 at 14:46. Reason: wording

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No experience with that can, but I love my SWR Spectre. I use my 22 can way more than I would use a centerfire one, but a 9mm can is still next on my list!

Feedback Score
    Interested in possibly getting a lightweight 22 can - as light as possible. Want to keep costs down (any can is at least a $500 proposition, I know). I am aware that the "Shoufly" (SP?) is currently the most quiet; I need quiet but need not be the ultimate (see cost). Hosts would be Kadet by CZ and possibly a Baikal rifle someday.

Any thoughts on the Outback II?? (yes I understand that it is a sealed can - though thought the factory offered to later convert it in the event it fills up).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TY44934 View Post
    Interested in possibly getting a lightweight 22 can - as light as possible. Want to keep costs down (any can is at least a $500 proposition, I know). I am aware that the "Shoufly" (SP?) is currently the most quiet; I need quiet but need not be the ultimate (see cost). Hosts would be Kadet by CZ and possibly a Baikal rifle someday.

Any thoughts on the Outback II?? (yes I understand that it is a sealed can - though thought the factory offered to later convert it in the event it fills up).
    I have an Outback II and it performs really well but now that there are so many take apart .22LR cans I would go that route instead. It sucks that to get it clean I would have to send it in.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! That seems to be honest advice from an actual owner (even suggested another route - that is rare to see & suggests authenticity). Can't beat M4carbine for such advice.

Anyone have thoughts on the lightest weight take apart 22 can? Cost is always a factor.

My low-weight concern is, in part, due to multi-shot POI shift on rifle; its my belief that: the heavier the can is on a rifle barrel of at least 16", the greater the shift will be as the barrel heats up over time (sometimes also called verticle stringing & can be independent of can use). At any rate, I'd like to keep it light & outback II was certainly light.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TY44934 View Post
    Thanks! That seems to be honest advice from an actual owner (even suggested another route - that is rare to see & suggests authenticity). Can't beat M4carbine for such advice.

Anyone have thoughts on the lightest weight take apart 22 can? Cost is always a factor.

My low-weight concern is, in part, due to multi-shot POI shift on rifle; its my belief that: the heavier the can is on a rifle barrel of at least 16", the greater the shift will be as the barrel heats up over time (sometimes also called verticle stringing & can be independent of can use). At any rate, I'd like to keep it light & outback II was certainly light.
    The TAC SOL Cascade is pretty damn light.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    The TAC SOL Cascade is pretty damn light.
    OK - I'll be in to buy one from you a week from Friday.

This Friday, I'm headed to Thurmont to work on some movement drills, try out a friend's recently tax-stamp-approved sbr/semi-mp5 clone, etc. (you & your better half are, of course, invited to join us).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wouldn't be too concerned with weight on a 22 LR can. I have one of the heavier ones and it's a whole 1/2 lb. Exchanging 4 oz for all-stainless construction was an easy choice for me. The TacSol barrel I put on my Buckmark shaved 4 oz anyway, so my net on my Camper setup is only 4 oz over stock with can installed.

I would worry more about weight with a centerfire rifle can that starts tipping the scales at a couple lbs.

Feedback Score
    Is the regular Cascade a take-apart? I know the monocore one is...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use a TAC65. I've been pretty happy with it. Very lite weight and comes apart for cleaning. $230.
    It rated fairly well in decibel reduction.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast