Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SCAR as precision rifle?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yeah, hater's gonna hate. My SCAR 17 13" can shoot 1 MOA with 168gr OTMs when I want it to.

Great thing is if you don't like the SCAR, don't buy the SCAR. Plenty of regular AR10s for you!

Feedback Score
    I’ve never shot a SCAR. I pawed at a 20s and it was interesting enough but I wouldn’t give up my MWS for it.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Yep same boat. Scar is cool but way more options for a long range gun with an AR platform.

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Yeah, hater's gonna hate. My SCAR 17 13" can shoot 1 MOA with 168gr OTMs when I want it to.

Great thing is if you don't like the SCAR, don't buy the SCAR. Plenty of regular AR10s for you!

Feedback Score
    IMO they aren't capable of what it takes to be a true precision rig. YMMV, but I don't see the mechanical accuracy being there, especially with hot barrel.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My good friend Pablo, has a 13.5 with 1-4 Elcan and can make 1,000 yard first round hits with crazy consistency. I shot the gun and didn't love the recoil impulse as a CQB gun, (rattled my brain) but its an accurate shooter.

Again, its a 13.5 , not a long gun.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by undertoe View Post
    Yep same boat. Scar is cool but way more options for a long range gun with an AR platform.
    The SCAR is at least standardized but it's not that rugged and needs more development. The .308 AR however is an absolute mess of manufacturers each offering up their own competing version of some proprietary non cross compatible design. It's why I've kept my old school standardized battle rifles. I'll stick with proven reliability on standardized 7.62NATO weapons while using bolt guns for precision.

RR77

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123