Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yankee Hill forearms

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15barrels View Post
    So true, but it's not just guys.
    Women compete like this in their choice of clothing and men.
    They all want Brad Pitt, but settle for what they can obtain/afford.

Yea, my wife wanted Brad Pitt, but settled for Alfred E. Neuman

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    YHM rails tend to NOT follow the M1913 spec, are heavy, wide and generally very sharp (compared to other manufacturers).

My personal opinion is to save your money and look for a better rail that is used. There is no shame in buying used gear and in all honesty, you come out ahead in many ways.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 07-29-07 at 14:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatt View Post
    Thanks for the info and opinions guys. I'm definately going on price with the YHM. I am mainly trying to build up 4 or 5 good guns before the next ban. Since I don't use a VFG or a light paying $300 for a rail doesn't make sense right now for me since that money could go to buy more parts. But for $62 I think I could justify it if the quality is decent and it works as advertised.
    If you just want to get guns before the next ban, don't waste your money on crappy YHM parts. Buy more lowers. You can still buy parts for your guns after a ban, but you won't be able to buy the banned items. Pick up some magazines or lowers or just stock guns if that's what you want to do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
    If you just want to get guns before the next ban, don't waste your money on crappy YHM parts. Buy more lowers. You can still buy parts for your guns after a ban, but you won't be able to buy the banned items. Pick up some magazines or lowers or just stock guns if that's what you want to do.
    Do you know the exact wording and legal mechanisms that will be in place for the next ban?
    If so, can you please tell me next week's lotto numbers?

Don't assume that a future ban will work exactly like a past ban.
    It's quite possiblethat exact configurations could be required to be registered.
    If this were the case, those stripped lowers are not much use if you can't build them up...
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    I've just found the J P ENTERPRISES V-Tac that looks pretty good and seems to have a better reputation. The price of it is about double the YHM but still half the LT and DD. I like the idea of putting a rail where you need it when you need it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The VTAC is an excellent FF tube.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatt View Post
    I've just found the J P ENTERPRISES V-Tac that looks pretty good and seems to have a better reputation.
    Good choice.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    The VTAC is an excellent FF tube.
    While looking at some search results a little while ago I think you said you wouldn't put a VFG on this tube. Any reason or just personal perference? The 2 inch rail looks to only have one screw which could be weak but the 4 inch rail I think has three.

Thanks for the input

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I think as long as your not torquing the hell out of it, kicking doors in etc then a forward grip would probably be okay. I'm not really a forward grip kinda guy, I only have 1 AR with one when I change from the Surefire 951 presently on it to a X200 the forward grip will come off.

The 2" rail has 2 screws and the 4" rail has 3 screws. The tube is held to the flange on the upper receiver by a series of small screws. Not big screws like the LaRue or DD Lite Rail.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I think the JP forearm is the ticket for me. Now I have to fiqure out if I want to get the carbine tube and use the standard FSB or the rifle tube with a gas block or skip the 14.5 SBR and go with a midlength 16 inch, the decisions are never easy.

It appears they have made a few changes to the 2 inch rail. Hopefully the 2 screw rail is standard now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast