Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Washington shoot

Feedback Score

The next Washington shoot

I am going to reserve the Central Whidbey Sportsmans range for a shoot on 26 February. All three of my sons should be home at that time and nothing is better than time on the range with your kids. The oldest is rotatin gback to Ft Lewis from Germany, and the youngest will be back from Army boot camp. Since we had a great time up here last Sunday for the M4 shoot, I would like to extend an invitation to all members of the PNW training group to come shoot with us again.
    The date is not set in stone yet and doesn't need to be locked down until 30 days prior the shoot, so if anyone has another date they would like let me know and I'll see what I can do. The date is also subject to change according to military leave scheduling. As we get closer the date will firm up. My plan for now will be sight in and pistol drill in the morning and IDPA style moving stages after lunch. Let me know if you would like to participate

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm in for more, so long as ribs and brisket are included.

I was already designing a couple of courses of fire on the way home. All left hand friendly of course...

This may be a good agenda:

Intros
    Safety Brief
    Sight in
    Simple presentations from low ready and indoor ready
    Pivots (left, right, etc.)
    Kneeling and prone
    Reloads
    Barricades
    Transitions to pistol
    Lunch
    More lunch
    Just one more slice of brisket to top off
    IDPA stages
    Team barricade drills (I have some devious ideas for this)

Feedback Score
    Sounds like an excellent plan. If we can get everyone who is attending to think up one thing they would like to train on and find or develop a drill for it we can reduce the load on one person trying to come up with everything.

Feedback Score
    Sounds great, I'm in. Hope to be up and running with my new set up by then.

Feedback Score
    Hopefully I will not forget about this one, whenever it is planned, like I have done with the others in the past

Feedback Score
    I'm in!

Feedback Score

Flexible dates

The dates are going to be flexible until January 15th. That is when I need to have a firm date provided to the schedule coordinator. The dates I have available as of right now are Feb 20, 26, and 27 and March 5 and 6. That will let me have all three of my boys at home for this shoot. Let me know what will work for you guys too. The more people we get the more fun we can have. The shoot will most likely follow the basic schedule that GlockWRX came up with (thanks Jason). I hope to emphasize the drills my kids want to practice, and make it fun and a learning experience for the rest of us. I’d like to hear ideas from anyone who was here for the October shoot for new props, target stands or equipment to make the range function better.
    They will also be picking the menu, although I can guarantee it will be BBQ of some sort. Pulled pork, ribs, and Brisket are their most requested items.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I vote for the 20th.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I vote for feb. 20th

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The 26th and March 5th would be the best for me, but I could probably make any day work.

I'm going to make up a plywood barricade to shoot around. The other thing that works good is to take a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with cement. Stick a 2x4 in (about 6-8 ft long) and let it cure . You can take a couple of these and staple plastic on them to make a wall or other feature.

I'm going to draw up a couple of scenarios based on those barrels and the stuff at the range we used last time.

ETA: Does anyone have a steel target, like one of the EAG ones? It's on my to-do list, but I doubt I'll swing it by then.
    Last edited by GlockWRX; 11-05-10 at 16:38.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast