Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Washington shoot

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    IIRC, no truck needed, no membership needed.

Gitmo: Will Central Whidbey Sportsmans accept donations from the group?

Feedback Score
    Directions do include turn off the paved road, but only for about 200 yards on gravel. No 4wd required.
    I'm sure they will accept donations, but it isn't nessassary.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Hi guys, I'd really like to show up to this event. I'm an Army medic so I'll bring an aid bag and we can have "just-in-case" medical coverage. As I understand it the details are:

Time: Feb 26 0830

Place:
    Central Whidbey Sportsmen's
    397 Safari Street
    Coupeville, WA 98239

Equipment:
    Carbine w/sling
    300 rds of rifle ammo
    250 rds pistol ammo
    3 mags each for rifle and pistol
    mag pouches
    no armor piercing ammo
    side dish for the potluck

Couple questions: I've never been to Whidbey Island, do I need a truck to get out to the range? Do I need to get a membership to Central Whidbey Sportsman's Association or any other club to participate?
    Awesome, glad to have someone there with actual medical training, well, more than "throw an Israeli or tourniquet on it" at least.

Don't forget to bring earpro/eyepro, liquids, wet / cold weather gear, snacks, lube, and maybe a cleaning kit. Then again, you know the drill...
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    If anyone on the east side of the lake is interested in a ride, I'll be taking the suburban and leaving at 6:30 AM sharp to make the 8 AM ferry. Got room for a few people comfortably plus gear. Fuel monies not necessary (since I'd be driving out there anyway) just ferry fee for yourself.

**I'd be willing to take some of you from the south end to save you some of the drive as long as you could make it up here in time.

PM me for other caveats and to coordinate location.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Which ferry is the better choice, the port townsend ferry or the Mukilteo/Clinton ferry? How often do they run?

EDIT - Looks like the Mukilteo ferry runs far more often, are guys trying to make the 0700 or 0800 ferry?
    Last edited by J8127; 02-06-11 at 23:46.

Feedback Score
    For reference

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/info...fm?region_id=2

Click on the route you'd like to know the times for. WSDOT Recommends you get to the terminal 20 mins. in advance.

I'll be taking the Mukilteo/Clinton at 8 AM. According to a previous post, it should take a half hour to get there once to the island and the ferry ride appears to be ~30 mins. which'll put my arrival about 9.

gitmo or someone please correct me if my estimates are wrong.
    Last edited by PieceKeeper; 02-07-11 at 02:09.

Feedback Score

Driving recommendations

If you are coming from anywhere south of Marysville/Arlington the
    Mukilteo ferry is the best bet. North there the deception pass bridge is better. You would need to live on the west side of the narrows bridge to make the Port Townsend ferry trip worthwhile. There is really no need to take the ferry any earlier than the 8am run. We can't start shooting until 9 and it won't take more than 15 minutes to get set up. The target stands, barricades, and barrels will be staged the night before. The gate will be open at about 8:30.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GitmoSmoke View Post
    All right,
    Who is coming? Let me know if its pretty solid in your plans or a maybe. I need to know how much supplies I'll need to set up. I'll keep the list on this post.

1. kaltesherz
    2. J8127
    3. Glock WRX +1maybe
    4. MookNW
    5. GitmoSmoke +3
    6. PeterPanzer
    7. Brian S (maybe)
    8. Ex-facto
    9. PieceKeeper
    10. USAFR
    11. BooneGA (maybe)
    I am a maybe. I'm somewhat of an old beginner and in the process of getting all my gear together. Have a T-1 and LaRue mount for my 6920 on the way, and some some other gear in preparation for a couple of Vickers classes I've signed up for the following weekend.....way over on the east coast.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am a maybe. I'm somewhat of an old beginner and in the process of getting all my gear together. Have a T-1 and LaRue mount for my 6920 on the way, and some some other gear in preparation for a couple of Vickers classes I've signed up for the following weekend.....way over on the east coast.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast